• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copying Adobe Apps from External Hard Drive

Enthusiast ,
May 18, 2019 May 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to upgrade the OS on my Mac from Sierra to Mojave. However, rather than do a typical upgrade, I want to erase everything on my hard drive and do a fresh install, effectively deleting a variety of crap that has accumulated on my hard drive, including some old software programs I no longer use.

My Question: Rather than start from scratch and download Dreamweaver, Photoshop and all the other programs I use via CreativeCloud, is there a way I can simply copy the files from my external hard drive to my internal hard drive (now running Mojave)? I assume I would begin by copying the Adobe files in my Applications folder. Where are the related files located?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , May 18, 2019 May 18, 2019

You could, but they most likely will not work correctly. With a fresh install on the hard drive, you'd be better off anyway with a fresh install of all of your Adobe applications as well, done through the CC console.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could, but they most likely will not work correctly. With a fresh install on the hard drive, you'd be better off anyway with a fresh install of all of your Adobe applications as well, done through the CC console.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds good. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2019 May 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As installing software is more than just copying data from a source, it will not work. You can however prepare your coup by downloading the software beforehand and installing without the download overhead. It’s just shifting the download to a different moment.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines