• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud alerts me to updates for versions that I already have installed.

Explorer ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over the past year, I've gotten alerts from Creative Cloud that I have new updates. For example, this morning, I was alerted that an updated to Photoshop was available. It told me I could updated to 23.3.1.

I've already got 23.3.1... I confirmed it. 

Is this a bug or something whacked on my system?

This has happened to me many times with other versions. I don't know if something is getting removed from the system which is used as as indicator for which version is installed. Is the CC app looking at log files to confirm what is installed? Because I do clear out things with CCleaner every once in a while, and log files are likely candidates for removals.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

You may try with steps mentioned in below link :

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/updates-repeatedly-applied-cc.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may try with steps mentioned in below link :

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/updates-repeatedly-applied-cc.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Govardhan.V Thank you for the link. I will give it a try.

@AdobeDevelopers, who probably don't show up in these forums:  You really should be embarrassed. The problem has existed for a long time. I'm kindly being referred to a post from back on April 27, 2021 (over a year ago) by a community manager. The post suggests five different ways of trying to fix a problem. The post seems to guess what the problems might be.

How does the development team not know what the problem is and why haven't more recent versions of the code mitigated the problem.

Another issue: When running the Creative Cloud App, it tells me there is a problem and suggests that I reinstall the app. Maybe these issues are related.

Software should be able to give me more specifics about the errors that it encounters, and it should also be able to perform whatever automated steps are required to repair any corruption issues when it encounters them. It's 2022 for cryin' out loud! The technology is here, you just have to use it in your products.

May the fourth be with you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines