• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative cloud blank screen on Mac

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, I have been having this issue for the last two weeks at least and as a i need to update adobe xd and photoshop is getting quite annoying this problem.

Screenshot 2020-02-12 at 14.07.04.png

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Sambocks, thanks for the clarification.  What version of macOS are you attempting to uses a Creative Cloud membership with?  

For your next steps, please implement the three solutions listed in http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/failed-install-creative-cloud-desktop.html.  If you do have to implement solution two, then make sure to locate and rename the correct OOBE folder.  This step is often skipped, which then leads to failure.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Manuntvg1994, sorry you are encountering a blank screen within the Creative Cloud desktop app.  Please see https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/black-screen-sign-in-creative-cloud.html for information on how to resolve this error.

Please update this public forum discussion, if you have any questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Jeff, I dont know wif you were paying attention there mate, but the title and the screenshot both refer to mac, your link is for Windows. Can you help out Mac users here please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sambocks, thanks for the clarification.  What version of macOS are you attempting to uses a Creative Cloud membership with?  

For your next steps, please implement the three solutions listed in http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/failed-install-creative-cloud-desktop.html.  If you do have to implement solution two, then make sure to locate and rename the correct OOBE folder.  This step is often skipped, which then leads to failure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, 

What happened when you have followed these instructions and then nothing changes?
I am on Mac Catalina 10.15.7 and I am still not able to get past the blank screen. Even after uninstalling and reinstalling. 

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sami, this public forum discussion is over a year old. Please either start a new discussion with the errors you are encountering or begin a secure chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html so that direct assistance can be provided to resolve the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same issues. I'm on Mac OSX 10.14.6 and get a blank screen when trying anything that has to do with Document Cloud. I've reinstalled Creative Cloud and Acrobat and still no resolve. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem too on my mac. Another example of poor coding on Adobe's part, and poor support: still it isn't resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elco85, sorry you are encountering problems.  What type of Creative Cloud membership are you using?  Do you own and manage the computer and network that you are installing the software on, or is it owned by the organization you work for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elco86 & ScoHutchinsion, I had same problems (and Adobe suggestion to remove the opm.db file on OOBE folder was moot because that file doesn't exist on my Mac). What I did do that worked, was Force Quit the Adobe CC app and then I went into Applications/Creative Cloud and launched the Uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud. Instead of directly uninstalling, it gives you the option to Repair. I chose to Repair and then it worked. I haven't rebooted yet to see if it holds, but it fixed it in the meantime. Hope that helps people out there because nothing else seemed to work! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS Jeff_A_Wright: I still don't have an opm.db file in the OOBE folder, in case that's still a problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jenc4d, if the Creative Cloud desktop app is installed and functioning then the OPM.db file will exist.  Please make sure you go to the correct OOBE folder as discussed in solution three of https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-missing-damaged.html.  Mac users in particular seem to gravitate to the hidden User Library and not the Root Library.  The OPM.db is only stored at /Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE as opposed to the User Library located at Users/<UserName>/Library/Application Support/Adobe.

Failure to locate and rename the OPM.db file can lead to solutions three and 4 being completed unsuccessfully. For direct assistance please begin a chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html so that you can be guided through the process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Jeff. I can try the chat session, but in case this clarifies for you, this is what I see when I go into the folder you're referring to (this is a pic of the folder and the subfolder, if I open the alias). Are you able to please comment, or should I go directly to chat session? Thanks again!

OOBE_folder_contents.pngPDApp_folder_contents.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

J'ai aussi ce problème.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was facing the same problem till yesterday, adobe support does not know what to do, the best way to get rid of the white screen is to install "adobe creative cloud uninstaller" and when it installed, there will two options pop up 1. Repair, 2. Uninstall, Click on Repair. And you are done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me, too, AryanSED3! Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

I had this problem on my Mac and the way I fixed it was to completely remove everything I could find that had to do with Adobe Creative Cloud... after you have thrown it all away empty your trash to be sure nothing can come back to haunt you. Then go to the adobe site and download creative suite desktop manager and re-install.

Seems to have done the trick for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines