• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud client will not download

Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click the Download button on the Creative Cloud page (https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud), it brings up a dialogue that forces me to open the link with Adobe Application Manager. Once I follow that, AAM opens, but does not show the CC client anywhere, only other CC apps to install.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 21, 2013 Jun 21, 2013

I am suspecting the AAM URI handler is not working.

Which responsible for update Adobe Application Manager to Creative Cloud.

Please perform following steps:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please confirm which operating system you are using and follow the below given steps.

If you are using Windows :

Rename OOBE to OOBE_old from :    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe     and      C:\Users\(UserName)\AppData\Local\Adobe

If you are using MAC:

Rename Adobe Application Manager to Adobe Application Manager_old from:      Application/Utilities

Rename OOBE to OOBE_old from :  /Library/Application Support/Adobe/          and       ~//Library/Application Support/Adobe/

After renaming folders Go to creative.adobe.com and login -> click on Download Center -> Download Creative Cloud

Creative Cloud desktop app should get install now, if you still face any quite all the browser which are running on your system and then try to download.

regards,

Jatin Dembla

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't work. When I clicked download it brought up the same Launch Application dialogue and gave me AdobeApplicationManager(URIHandler) as the only option. I hit ok and then it brought up a dialogue that said 'Adobe Creative Cloud is needed to resolve this problem. However, it is missing or damaged. Please download and install a new copy of Adobe Creative Cloud from 'http://www.adobe.com/go/creativecloudapp'.

When I hit ok on that dialogue it tried to open AAM and gave me this prompt:

'Adobe Application Manager is corrupted and must be reinstalled.'

I don't understand, issues aside, why do I need AAM to install Creative Cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2013 Jun 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried multiple complete uninstalls and reinstalls of AAM and followed the process you described and I still can't get it. Every other CC program installs fine from AAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great!!! Thanks... Now I can install Apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2018 and I still have the same exact issue.  That is 6 years @ mostly quota * month.  Brand new iMac 5K, just downloading photoshop for a photoshot sesión.

Really shameful adobe, really.

Please don't talk to me about renaming system paths. You have had plenty of time to fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

nyambe  wrote

2018 and I still have the same exact issue.  That is 6 years @ mostly quota * month.  Brand new iMac 5K, just downloading photoshop for a photoshot sesión.

Really shameful adobe, really.

Please don't talk to me about renaming system paths. You have had plenty of time to fix this.

I’m always wondering all those thousands of users having no problem to install the software. For all of those few having problems, would they kindly follow the recommendations given.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS are you using?

The Creative Cloud desktop app doesn't get installed on Windows XP or Vista or Mac 10.6.8, not sure if that might be the cause?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Mac OS X 10.8.4. I was able to download the client no problem on another machine that's also on 10.8.4. It keeps trying to launch the file in AAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am suspecting the AAM URI handler is not working.

Which responsible for update Adobe Application Manager to Creative Cloud.

Please perform following steps:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2013 Jun 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me, too, but the plugins weren't where you said.  I did a Spotlight search and they appeared and I deleted them that way.  (Just an FYI to people that can't locate them!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2013 Jun 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Name of <Root OS drive> could be vary from machine to machine but it should be your OS drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2015 Dec 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sumit Singh wrote:

Name of <Root OS drive> could be vary from machine to machine but it should be your OS drive.

But I do not have a library directory! (Windows 10) There should be the equivalent of this somewhere for Windows?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2014 Aug 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect. Thanks:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2015 Jun 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just run into this problem also. Not entirely surprised about the workaround given my experience with past Adobe products. Just a shame this is the case instead of a fluid process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines