• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud desktop app constantly requires reinstall

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been going on for several months, but is getting worse.

When I boot up my Mac Mini I regularly get an error message during bootup that Creative Cloud requires repair or reinstall. This is now happening almost every single time I boot up. Each time I reinstall Creative Cloud and everything works fine until the next reboot, when I have to install yet again. It's driving me insane.

Please tell me how to sort this out.

Am on Mac Catalina, 10.15.7, on a late 2012 i7 Mac Mini

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Windows, but had this happen. There are post with corrections, like deleting the OOBE folder, but none of that worked for me. I ended up contacting Adobe, and they sent me a new CCDContainer.dll. Most likely different on a Mac. To have stuff ready for them, download the log collector tool and run that after you have a fail with ACC. Here's the link for that:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that. Am running the Log Collector now. How long should it take? Has been running for about 10 minutes, am not sure if it has crashed or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It opens different windows,  so check that they're not behind something.  Usually takes a few minutes. I specify a folder on my desktop. Eventually after a few prompts it will place a zxp file in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the record in case anyone else has this happen, after two hours on the web chat with Adobe support we ran the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool and first selected Fix Host File (which said "0 entries fixed"), followed by Clean All. I then re-installed the CC desktop app and so far (two days later) the problem has not reoccurred.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good that that worked for you. I did that with no luck. Seems my internet provider changed something. Tried my sister's network, and it worked no problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And so, just 6 days later, the problem re-occurs. Clearly it's a far deeper issue that Adobe can help me with.

Am not contacting support again, I was on for two hours last time. Will just have to re-install CC when I need it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually I've now realised, if I just cancel the error message and let CC fail to start. Then start it manually from the Applications folder, it starts without any problem.

So the issue is clearly with CC attempting to automatically run at startup. So have disabled the Run Creative Cloud at System Logon option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines