• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Desktop app not staying logged in on boot.

Engaged ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the last few weeks, my Creative Cloud Desktop app hasn't been automatically logging in and staying logged in when I start my system, as it has done for years.

It runs fine and the blurry white logo appears in the system tray, which used to then go sharp to indicate that it had logged in, and it would then sync.

Now what's happening is that the logo is going sharp, and then immediately going blurry again.

If I click on it, a window pops up saying "You've been signed out. Unable to authenticate your Adobe ID. Sign in again with your Adobe ID and password to continue using Adobe apps."

If I then sign in, it's fine for the rest of that session, but as soon as I reboot, the whole process repeats, which is very annoying!

Occasionally it will log in and stay logged in on next boot up, but most of the time it just logs straight out again as described.

I've tried uninstalling Creative Cloud, deleting all its folders, and reinstalling it again, but no difference, it's still doing the same thing.

Is anyone else seeing this behaviour, and is there a fix?

The app is version 4.6.0.384 on Windows 10 1803.

Thanks, Dave.

TOPICS
Activation , Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the startups:

Start-Up.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With respect, if the Creative Cloud App is malfunctioning, just disabling it is not really a fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Creative Cloud or I wouldn't be able to use the apps.

Disabling the Creative Cloud startup item doesn't seem to have had any

effect on usability. I also don't need to be reminded whenever there is

an update - I simply open the app on my desktop (already logged in) and

see if there are any updates. I'll do this about once a week.

Again, this is working on my system - it may not be the same for others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So are you now having to run Creative Cloud Desktop manually before you can use any of the CC Apps?

I suspect that unchecking the "start with windows" (or whatever it's actually called, I'm not in front of the system at the moment!) option in the app settings would have done the same thing as you've done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no "start with Windows" option per se, but I do have the Launch at Login item checked.

If I have CC running when I close Windows, it's running when I boot back up (it doesn't appear, but it's running).  If I select any of the CC Apps in the Windows menu or from the Windows desktop icons they start right up.

If I close CC (it interferes with a few other programs so I have to shut it down from time to time) and shut down my system it remains not running when I boot back up.  The App will not appear or request login.  Of course, at this point, I have to open the App and login if I want to run any of the CC Apps.

So, basically, if I leave it running when I shut down, it's running when I log back in - if I have it closed when I shut down, it's still closed when I log back into Windows.  This is on Win7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah yes, "Launch at Login" was what I meant, I couldn't remember what the option was actually called!

I thought you had to have at least the background Adobe Application Manager running to be able to use CC apps, as they have to be able to confirm that you have a valid subscription to use them. The Creative Cloud app is an extension of that I believe, but surely you must have something which checks online with Adobe that you are authorised to use the apps.

Anyway, this is all irrelevant to the original issue. Even if you don't need the Creative Cloud Desktop app running to use your CC apps, it should still be working properly, and just not using it to avoid the issue is only a workaround, not a fix of the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently not running the Desktop has no effect on CC itself running,

therefore all of my apps are working just fine without it.

On the occasion when I need to run programs that CC interferes with,

then I shut it down completely. I restart it when I need to access

Adobe apps again.

Obviously, Adobe has problems here and needs to resolve them. I hope

that they're following this thread and will check out a possible

connection to the issue with their Desktop start-up modules.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Cloud app is only used for specific operations like syncing the cloud data space. If you do not need that, you do not need the app running. The programs check on their own for valid licenses.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it's good to have that confirmed, but the problem with the app should still be fixed.

Just doing without it is not an answer!

Having said that, today it's gone back to logging in and staying logged in fine, which makes me even more certain that the problem is an intermittent one with the Adobe servers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My logged in state has been solid for a week. Tonight, I was forced out at least 5 times, with no reboots involved. Once again, I have a Wireshark capture of the whole affair. Be nice if someone from Adobe showed the merest hint of interest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user to user forum with some Adobe participation. If you want Adobe support contact Adobe via phone or chat.Contact Customer Care Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And as a user, I'm keeping other users informed as to the state of this issue. I've also filed a second bug report, I'm sure it will have the same response as the first one, silence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That’s ok, but Adobe staff presence in the fora is not guaranteed. If you want Adobe staff taking care of the problem you need contacting support and you may feel free to post any solution given to you here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DaveH5  wrote

So are you now having to run Creative Cloud Desktop manually before you can use any of the CC Apps?

You can use all CC programs without the app. Only drawback is that file syncing to the cloud space is done by the CC app. Browse, search, sync, and manage Adobe Creative Cloud assets .

For the rest, consider the CC app as a command centre that performs some useful tasks. It is however not essential for running any of the Adobe applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I don't need the Desktop at all - all of the programs start without

it - CC itself is still running. Now if I close CC itself (which I must

on occasion, then I have to restart it and login before I can use any of

the Adobe programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so I am not the only one; after almost every reboot I am signed out and have to sign in again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2018 Sep 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im on a Mac and its started to do the same to me, keeps logging me out, was this issue sorted out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know about anyone else, but after being absolutely fine for weeks, it's now started playing up again for me too, exactly as before!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me. This indicates that it's not a problem of our computers. Since it does not affect all users it seems to be somewhere in the network. Not all users are connected to the same server. So it looks like we cannot do anything about it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the same problem, continually. It seems to relate to a poor connection. But I am baffled why Adobe should force a log-in once an account is established. I mean, I couldn't open InDesign with relogging in.

Right now I am on airplane and those satellite connections are often dodgy.

Sad that Adobe does not care about this really bad glitch. I guess the people who pop-up survey windows when you are trying to open a file are more interested in selling more licenses than making their current customers happy.

--Illustrator beta tester

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well there's absolutely nothing wrong with my internet connection, it's fast and stable!

Creative Cloud Desktop is still not logging in automatically on most (but not all) boots, and I have to log in manually.

It worked fine for years, so why it's being such a problem now I have no idea!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Are you using a proxy or any variation of a proxy system? (Such as a VPN)

I also use the Creative Cloud Application at my education facility where they use a proxy to apply blocks and such on websites if this is true the app may ask you to sign in using proxy details after which you will need to sign back into your Adobe account.

Just an idea, hope it helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good thought but no, no proxy here, it's a direct domestic connection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running into the same issue, Just got caught up on all of the responses since July. Not looking good Adobe -.-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here its not good.

Abambo, your coming across like a fanboy that is determined to guard Adobe for some reason i don't think your actually helping this thread as your just arguing with shadows. it would be much better if you just kept i quiet and stop trying to defend Adobe's position.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines