• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud desktop cannot connect to Adobe servers on Win10

Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, may i ask for help as i'm facing a problem which apparently users already had in 2017 here, but still could not find a solution.

• I was a user of LR5 up to v5.7 locally for years, until about 2020, on this very laptop. Wanted to go for an upgrade, which is n/a, and then decided to test the monthly LR subscription. Signed up for it, paid, began install...
  • The CC desktop opens. But cannot connect to any Adobe backend. This is the core issue. Can someone advise? (The german msg translates into „Cannot connect to corporate server – ask your admin!“)
  • The 3 main items "Apps", "Files", "Discover" do not sync. Only "Market place" connects.
  • There is no error code or detail about the issue provided.

So these are the steps i did myself:

1. Tried a different browser (Edge vs Chrome)
  2. Tried a different network (wifi vs LTE hotspot)
  3. Checked Win10 updates, TLS1.2 is active (Win10 default); GlobalSign RA is ok
  4. No firewall filters, This is a local, private Laptop, hence nobody else is involved
  5. System req‘s for LR look OK too

Dialed up the Help assistant and the Adobe community, checked lots of old articles:

1. Applied the CC repair tool, with no change.
  2. Uninstalled CC and installed again, no change
  3. Applied the Winsock reset hack and rebooted the laptop  - no change
  4. Checked if MS App Store is available – OK
  5. Found Adobe LR in the MS App store – and installed it!
  6. Now comes the strangest part: The app store installs a version „5.4“ successfully. The app instantly recognizes my Adobe ID and connects with pictures i had uploaded from my iPhone to the Cloud. Nice.
  7. BUT: Why is this v5.4 – when i had 5.7 in 2019?? AND The app is still not at all showing up in the CCD.
  8. This v5.4 is a built „20220607“   -- so is this a „LR Classic“ or „LR CC“??

Summary: CCD still fails to connect to the Adobe servers - why?? i somehow managed to install an LR version, whose number appears wrong, but apparently connects with the Cloud. So i can share pictures across devices, but this cannot be the experience that will convince me to extend the trial period. Other apps or function not integrated. In 2022 this can't be the standard 😞

lr1.JPGlr3.JPGlr4.JPG

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please take a look here: How to resolve connection errors with Creative Suite applications (adobe.com)

Especially check your HOSTS file.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Axel. This was one of the first articles I checked. No impact. 
Sorry I forgot to mention that my hosts file is an absolute juvenile one, untouched and with no routings whatsoever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it looks like you've already done almost everything (and more) in @AxelMatt 's link, but note:

1. using a different browser only helps if you make that browser your default browser

2. you have a bigger problem if you decide to restore your lr 5.7 because that license has been taken-over by the cc desktop app.  ie, if you end your trial, you won't be able to use your lr 5 license until you clear your computer of cc items.

in view of #2 above, i'm not sure how much effort you want to make trying to get cc working.  so, my recommendation (after checking How to resolve connection errors with Creative Suite applications (adobe.com)) and the few things you failed to mention (eg, your system clock, but your hosts file was cleaned already) woud be to try lr cc 2019 (https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2019-direct-download-links.html) and if that looks like a worthwhile upgrade, then start working on getting your computer to work with cc (or just update within lr cc 2019 if you don't use photoshop).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm, thanks for the idea. Had not thought about the old installation, as I had stopped using it two years ago for a variety of reasons. Will check for the CC2019 option. 

Nevertheless I still would hope Adobe come back with a simpler solution. It's hard to imagine they sell the product for 20 years with such poor installation techniques. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

adobe's following the apple roadmap: do it our way, don't try to customize anything and install on a clean computer.  then everything works great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines