• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud desktop keeps restarting on Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Creative Cloud keeps restarting itself after about 4-5 minutes when trying to update or install new programs. I have gone through these forums looking for answers, and trying all the steps, I have tried uninstalling all my apps and creative cloud, then reinstalling it and it still does the same thing of restarting. I have gone through and made sure Java, video drivers and Windows 10 are all updated still doesn't update or install without restarting or crashing. I can't keep uninstalling and reinstalling these programs, it takes way too much time. Is there a work around or a way to fix your Adobe Creative Cloud Manager.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Hi Mark.

As you mentioned that you have tried all steps and the issue remains same, could you please Contact Customer Care for help and troubleshooting.

Hope that helps!

Reach out to us for any other help.

Thanks

Kanika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark9975,

Please follow the steps below:

Uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud application from Control Panel.

Step 1 :

Open C:drive and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\ " Common Files" \Adobe.

Open Adobe folder and delete folders named Adobe Application Manager and OOBE.

Step 2:

Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe.

Open Adobe folder and if present delete Adobe Creative Cloud folder. [**important]

Step 3 :

Press Windows button (located between Ctrl and Alt buttons) along with R button together at a time , you will get a run command window.

Type in below command and hit 'Enter' key.

appdata

Then navigate to Local>Adobe.

Open Adobe folder and delete folders named AAMUpdater and OOBE.

Step 4 :

Click on the blow link and download Adobe Application Manager and install the same :

http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/creativesuite/cc/win/ApplicationManager9.0_all.exe

Once the installation is completed, double click on Adobe Application Manager launch icon on Desktop.

It will start update process and gets updated to Creative Cloud application .

Hope that helps!

Regards

Himanshu Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I stated in my original question, I have looked through these forums for answers, this is one I already have done before. This takes forever to do because to uninstall Creative Cloud I have to uninstall all the programs first. This takes forever to complete. As a subscription member paying a monthly fee this should not be this difficult.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have gone through this whole process again and get the same results of Creative Cloud restarting as Adobe Acrobat got to 85% installed.

Why is this still an issue? No anti-virus running either.

Too frustrating!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark.

As you mentioned that you have tried all steps and the issue remains same, could you please Contact Customer Care for help and troubleshooting.

Hope that helps!

Reach out to us for any other help.

Thanks

Kanika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great help... I'm having the same problem for well over a year now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

None of your previous reps did anything different than these steps... nothing worked.

And the link you provided above, after navigating all the different options, your only "contact" option is the forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Such bad service and honestly This is causing me to really consider canceling my subscription and switching to sketch or something else...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ibeenthere23,

Could you please elaborate more on the issue you are facing?

Regards

Kanika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a subscription to adobe cloud. the full program.

for over a year now the program kept logging out every few minutes. to the point i stopped using it and login straight from photoshop.

None of your reps did anything other than the usual steps, even by remote control. so the problem was never fixed and I have been paying for a service I cannot get.

Now I tried using it again... And the problem is not only still happening, the program says it has crashed and needs to restart. so every few minutes it restarts and logs out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And when I try to contact your from the support page, I end up being referred to the forum!
With no contact possibility...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2017 Dec 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey ibeenthere23,

Any luck with this? I've been having the exact same experience as you for a couple of months now. They keep telling me to start a chat with an agent, but it doesn't help anything. The agent simply goes through the same steps that have been prescribed to me. I'm also at my wit's end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here ... support was trying to fix it by remote control but they are doing over and over the same steps soo ... no results.

Frustrating... I am really angry at that point.

ADOBE FIX IT!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 on this issue. I've been tossed around Adobe Customer Support like a child's toy. The Creative Cloud desktop app will keep crashing/restarting every 15 minutes and it signs me out of CC, which means my TypeKit fonts get deleted and I have to sign in again. I've gone through everything and the support reps are just repeating what I've already done to no avail. I've even tried uninstalling, wiping every single Adobe folder on my computer, trashing all prefs and then reinstalling with no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issues. Worked great for months and then started this.
Spent 2.5 hours with multiple 'support' reps and still the same issues.
I have a client that uses Indesign, and I use it for several programs as well, not to mention Photoshop, Premier Pro, Acrobat, etc. etc. etc.
The last tech blamed everything BUT Adobe. Somehow Adobe is the ONLY program set I'm having any problems with, but it's obviously my computer that's at fault. Beyond p!ssed off at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I observed that there is some problems between cc desktop app and nvidia drivers ... cc desktop causes pci crush an restarting it self and asking for log in again and again ...

I cant work ... for f.. sake...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adamg536836  wrote

I observed that there is some problems between cc desktop app and nvidia drivers ...

This is definitely not a NVIDIA-only issue. I'm running a Core i5-6500 and an AMD RX 480 yet having the same issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue as everyone above. Completely cleaned all Adobe files from my computer and re-downloaded and installed, nothing. The adobe support person basically opened an event log, saw an error and said "This is a problem with Windows, contact them". I have so far contacted two Microsoft reps who were even less helpful.

Also tried all the renaming, deleting OBEE or whatever files, nothing. If anyone has had any success... I just lost an entire 10 hour work day, and no hope of working tomorrow either...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I have the same issue... About every other 15 minutes Creative Clouds restarts and all programs are shutting down! This is unacceptable! I tried EVERY solution mentioned here, inlcuding the few hour (!!!) effort to reinstall everything...

Obviously Adobe customer "care" does NOT care!!!

With so many people complaining, No solution? Serioulsy??? We are paying customers, in case Adobe forgot that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to dissagree about Adobe customer care.

My problem is still unresolved, but they are trying to solve it and i am really satisfied with the way they do it. They are calling me, trying different solutions via remote desktop, i am really suprised that they care that much.

The only problem is that cc dekstop app is still crushing. But at last all programs are fully functional so i can do my job ... i mean it is still not perfect and i want cc cloud to work, but i can not say that they do not care.

I hope they will resolve that issue soon. Just please contact adobe via chat and let them check your pc via remote dekstop control. They will continue to fail but at some point they will solve it .. i mean i hope so.

peace

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue on my Dell XPS laptop, a real PITA!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also been experiencing this for over a year on my Dell XPS laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As an update years later - I spent 2-3 whole days talking to Adobe customer support, who would inevitably send me back to Microsoft, back to Adobe and round and round. I talked to probably 3+ reps who every time would do a remote control of my PC, look around perform some attempt, blame it on Microsoft, and tell me to restart and try again. After 3 days I bought a new laptop. That was literally my only solution. I still have no idea why CC all of a sudden stopped. working. CC works fine on my new laptop (and my old laptop still works just fine for other things), but still pretty bad no one could tell me what was going on. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, honestly dont know what to do next. I finally got Apps to update but creative cloud still logs out every couple of minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines