• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative cloud installation Error code 42

Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When installing Creative Cloud on new Monterey OS Mac, I get error code 42. I see others have encountered this, but don't see a solution. Has anyone figured this out? Is there a solution?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Allison5F9B,

Check out the following article.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/Error-code-42-or-72-when-installing-or-updating-Creative-C...

Also, are you on an enterprise/teams plan or an individual plan?

P.S.:- I see that the article I linked mentions WIN and you are on a MAC. The log file path on MAC would be as follows

/Users/<Username>/Library/Logs/CreativeCloud/ACC/ACC.log

Check if there is any entry for the error. Also try the installation using an admin user, the error description mentions the reason as "not able to access a critical file/directory"

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-download-install-logs.html#error42

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Individual

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not able to interpret the directions for Windows and apply it to my new Mac Studio. Do you have specific directions that I will be able to follow? I'm just an average Mac user, not very technically adept. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fair enough, the first enough step would be to see if there is any error logged in the ACC.log file. The path to this file on my MAC is /Users/<Username>/Library/Logs/CreativeCloud/ACC/ACC.log

To open this location, launch finder click on the menu item Go > Go To Folder. In the dialog displayed paste ~/Library/Logs/CreativeCloud/ACC this should open the folder that should contain ACC.log file. Open the file and check if any error is logged and what does it say, that might provide us a hint.

The other question I had is are you logged in with an Admin user account or not? If not then try the process of installation using an Admin account.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was a long report, but I only saw one ERROR. I've attached a screenshot. I have been using the Admin account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest, probably delete this file(keep it somewhere in case we need to restore it). Then try the installation, hopefully the log file will be recreated and the logs would have relevant entries only to the installation purpose. Also instead of pasting a screenshot either try attaching the file(you can change the extension from log to txt, if it does not allow you to attach) or else upload the file on the dropbox and share the public link here.

P.S.:- Don't get your hopes up. I don't know how to make sense of this log file but just trying to help and see if we hit something to move ahead.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted the ACC file and tried to reinstall. It failed, and I attached the screenshot of the error message. I've also attached the ACC file that appeared after the installation failure. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, it worked this time. Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I AM NOT INTERESTED IN CLOUD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Ok?

2. Please stop shouting

3. Most of Adobe's graphics products fall under the "Creative Cloud" which, like it or not, is what they have embraced

4. What is the problem you need answers to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was the right answer for me too! thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines