• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud installation failed (error: 702)

Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About a week ago creative cloud signed me out, and since then I am not able to login into Creative Cloud and use any of the products. 

Every time I reinstall I get an error message, "The installer was unable to access a file or directory. (Error code: 702)"

I have contacted the support team numerous times. They finally reached out to me. I shared my screen to resolve the issue but didn't work out. The next step was talking to the senior team, but even though I scheduled a phone call 3 times, they never called me or left a voice message or email. 

I am getting really frustrated about this. Because I can't use any of the design tools to do my daily task, and this impacts my main source of income. I'm in desperate need of advice. 

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

I think we found the problem to this issue.  As it turns out, if you are using some kind of security profile on a business machine, it seems to mess up the file permissions in the /tmp/ directory.  I'm sure there are other ways the permissions can get messed up, but we simply used the following command after logging into TERMINAL.

sudo chmod 1777 /tmp/

Let me know if it works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 110 Replies 110
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy and paste the code after the text that is already there (no deleting), then type your system password when it asks for it. I believe the password doesn't show are you type it but press enter when you're done

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2023 Sep 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This Worked For Me!  Just had to enter my computers password, and voila!  Thank you so much 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!  That worked for me too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

works a treat - Nov 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for me as well. You are awesome!! Thanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2023 Jun 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody, Jeremy here having the same issue in 2023! I tried the instructions- open terminal, type in

sudo chmod 1777 /tmp/, enter password, BUT this comes back to me:
"No such file or directory" See attached screenshot.

Anybody can shed light on this and how I might be able to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2023 Jun 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same issue... "sudo chmod 1777 /tmp/" didn´t work.... After deleting "Norton Anti-Virus" everything run smoothly... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2023 Jun 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Michael Vestner 

thanks for that info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2023 Jul 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The command worked! Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2023 Aug 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

chmod: Unable to change file mode on /tmp/: Operation not permitted

Can you please help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2023 Aug 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have same problem. When I tried - sudo chmod 1777 /tmp/ 

My terminal shows -  chmod: Unable to change file mode on /tmp/: Operation not permitted

Dear kglad, could you explain more about how to unlock my file in this situation? Also, unlock which file?

I am not a developer and I could not understand the meaning of the link you shared.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@SSNNNN 

are you signed into your mac as an administrator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This command worked for me as well. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's now January 2024, and this just worked for me as well, ending hours of frustration. THANK YOU!!! (running Monterey 12.7.2)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kary, I've had this problem this morning, InDesign suddently started crashing while opening, Creative Cloud was no responce and getting a 702 error when trying to reload Creative Cloud. After several tries at Disk First Aid, Restarts and then Remote help from Adobe who ran a command in terminal, I think it was the command you've shared but they couldn't get it working.  I was aksed to take a call back from Adobe Tech services tomorrow.

I decided to do a search cause I kind of need to be working and found this thread, ran TERMINAL command myself and I've now got Creative Cloud back and currently waiting on InDesign downloading. Happy days, thanks again :]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

We're sorry for the issue. 

Please try steps shared in the workaround below for help:

This error can be avoided by doing the following
1. Change the access permissions of the following folders so that all users can "read/write" them.
   - /private/tmp
   - Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe
   - Macintosh HD/Applications/Utility
   - Macintosh HD/Users/<user name>/Library/Application Support/Adobe
2. Enable full disk access to "Creative Cloud.app".
3. Restart the computer.

Hope this helps! 

Thanks 

Kanika 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

these steps are for Mac users only.
Quit the Installation.
Open terminal
enter the below command.
sudo chmod 1777 /tmp/
then if you mac ask for the password enter the password and it will not show you the password while you enter.
then press enter and then restart the Mac and try the installation again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Thanks for the advice. In relation to the password, what password should be entered, as I received that prompt?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jannette25576337t2i8 , your mac's password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I figured that eventually, and it all worked. So relieved and thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome, but thanks really goes to @Kary Burns 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - I've been trying to update Lightroom for days but couldn't do it because of this  Creative Cloud install problem. These steps have  solved it for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You, Kary Burns.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines