• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative cloud installation folder not changing - even when I change it in preferences.

New Here ,
Dec 24, 2017 Dec 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to install Photoshop CC's free trial today, and despite me changing the installation directory, it's still attempting to install it to the default directory.

I have an SSD and a hard drive, my SSD only has ~1gb storage left while my hard drove had 120gb left. By default, it tries to install to my SSD (my C drive) so I had to change the installation directory to my hard drive (D drive). In Preferences < Creative Cloud < Apps < Install Location, I have it set to "D:\Creative Cloud" which is a folder that's already created. When I attempt to install Photoshop, it still tries to install to the old directory. Screenshots of my problem are below. I am on the latest version of creative cloud on Windows 10 Professional 1511.

L3PDYXm0R5yJ7eIq4PrVMg.pngArqr5BQ0SsmWTPdqwM5S-w.png

4Cd3lPvETwqVfj8XBhy27g.png

HWwXSAz3TtuYyu7ekwW78A.png b0Coz3htQg2sAVYMN4PVBg.png

Have you tried completely reinstalling Creative Cloud?

Yes, deleting all of the files first and then installing it once again.

Have you tried restarting creative cloud after changing the install directory?

Yes

Have you tried other install directories (such as on a USB drive or other places in the HDD)?

Yes, it still attempts to install to the default directory.

Have you tried deleting the Photoshop files from your C drive and then reinstalling?

Yes

Are you sure that it's still trying to install to your C drive after changing the directory?

Yes, my D drive has enough space to install it while my C drive does not. It, for some reason, is still installing the files to the C drive and the file I created for it on the D drive is completely empty.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 24, 2017 Dec 24, 2017

you need more room on your c drive despite installing on another drive. eg, the compressed files still dl to your c drive and then need to be extracted and then some files are still installed on your c drive.  you're not getting past step 1; the dl to your c drive.

[ moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to Creative Cloud Download & Install]

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you need more room on your c drive despite installing on another drive. eg, the compressed files still dl to your c drive and then need to be extracted and then some files are still installed on your c drive.  you're not getting past step 1; the dl to your c drive.

[ moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to Creative Cloud Download & Install]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a MAC.  

I understand the problem, just trying to fix.

Know the solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to Uninstall all the CC apps. Set the install location to D:\Program Files\Adobe. Restart your system, start the CC DTA, then install your Adobe programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do I uninstall from the Adobe Creative Clod App?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, use the cc desktop app.  

if there's already a cc program installed in a location you want to change, uninstall it first: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

to change the install location for apps installed after making the change: open the cc desktop app, click file>preferences>apps and change the install location.  then install.

kglad_0-1638631668383.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install location keeps reverting to Default location and not "what I set it to 4 times in a row."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@RicStone 

what are you trying to set it to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines