Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud installer - blank white screen

Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying to install a trial version of InDesign by installing the Windows Desktop app for Creative Cloud.  I'm logged on as an administrator and there are no other Adobe products installed on the PC but when I double click the installer I just see a blank white window which does nothing, progresses no further.

I've tried all the solutions I can find online, renaming folders/files, using the cleaner tool etc but nothing.

Can someone advise how I can get the installer working please?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2018 Jul 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, but to no avail.  I'd seen and tried these solutions before.

The first doesn't work, the second doesn't apply as I can't get to the sign in screen when the installer loads and the third doesn't apply as I haven't signed in yet.

When the installer opens it should show a spinning circle while it loads/connects or whatever it does, but nothing, it just sits there and nothing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 29, 2018 Jul 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud , if installed.

Disable Firewall Temporarily. [ Optional ]

Step 1 :

Open C:drive and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\ " Common Files" \Adobe.

Open Adobe folder and delete folders named Adobe Application Manager and OOBE.

Step 2:

Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe.

Open Adobe folder and if present delete Adobe Creative Cloud folder. [**important]

Unable to delete??? rename it to Adobe Creative Cloud-old.

Step 3 :

Press Windows button (located between Ctrl and Alt buttons) along with R button together at a time , you will get a run command window.

Type in below command and hit 'Enter' key.

appdata

Then navigate to Local>Adobe.

Open Adobe folder and delete folders named AAMUpdater and OOBE.

Step 4 :

Make sure Adobe Creative Cloud is not listed under Control Panel > Program and Features. list.

Then download and install Adobe Creative Cloud application and check. { Try from Direct download link }

Download Creative Cloud desktop app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply but your steps are just the same as the other links posted.

Step 1: neither Adobe Application Manager or OOBE folders exist

Step 2: Adobe Creative Cloud folder does not exist

Step 3: AAMUpdater does not exist; OOBE does and it's now deleted

Step 4: I wish it did show in Programs and Features!

Tried installing from both the Adobe.com and Direct Download links and neither .exe works.  This is the screen I get:

As soon as the program opens it looks like this and doesn't change.  I have it working on my laptop so I've seen how it should behave when it is opened but for some reason it doesn't on my colleagues PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please create one Additional Administrator profile for testing. Login to same and check,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.  I've spent at least several hours over the past few weeks trying to get CC desktop app installed to no avail.  I've been through all of the guides that have been suggested.

I'm on a company domain but I do currently have admin rights on my machine.  I've created a temporary local admin account on the machine just to see if the problem appears there and it does.

The machine is new, an HP ZBook G3 mobile workstation with windows 10 and 32GB of RAM that I just got in late july.  The machine has never had any adobe products on it before short of Acrobat Reader which I nuked early on when troubleshooting this installation issue.  Currently there's no Adobe folders to be found anywhere in program files or user profiles and still the problem persists.  Using either the direct download version of the Creative Cloud Desktop App installer or using the smaller package the symptom is the same - you launch setup, the window appears with a white background and nothing happens, no spinning wheels, no login screen, nothing, and there's no application errors being posted in event viewer.  The installer just sits there forever and you have to kill it with CTRL-ALT-DEL to get rid of it.  The OOBE folder gets created but that's it, nothing gets installed elsewhere.

I thought maybe the issue was with firewalls on my network but it isn't I've used other wide open networks too.  Not sure what to do but my company's paying for my subscription that I currently can't use.

I kind of wonder if there's some software prerequisite that I'm missing that's preventing install but I'm not sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check with the Network team and see if the ports listed in below post is allowed :

port requirements for licensing

Reference :

Adobe Creative Cloud Network Endpoints

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was running into the same issue, I'm an IT admin and was trying to install the program for a user. In order to get it to work I had to take the machine off of our domain. Once off domain, the install went smoothly. I then brought the machine back on domain and it launched fine. I haven't had a chance to test if the built in updater will work, but at the very least the application works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

turn off firewall and try

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has to do with the Adobe installer leveraging the builtin Internet Explorer browser (not Edge) which is installed whether you know it or not.  For example a fresh install of Creative Cloud on Windows Server 2022 exhibits this problem and it's the same for windows 10 and 11. 

The real answer is to go into your Start Menu / Settings --> Internet Options --> Security Tab --> Select the Internet Zone --> Disable Protected Mode --> Custom Level --> Enable everything (I'm guessing its a subset but I'm too lazy to figure it out).  Then hit OK and Apply and OK and launch the Adobe installer again.

This is because the Adobe Creative cloud installer leverages the builtin Internet Explorer browser as an embeded frame inside their installer (rather than your default browser like chrome/firefox/safari) and it requires some javascript/functions that are blocked by those security settings.  

Of course once you are done be sure to reset everything back to secure in Internet Options (there are buttons for this).

Adobe, think you can fix this on the next go around?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solved my issue with an AWS install. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simply turning off "IE Enhanced Security Configuration" for Administrators (logged in as one) solved this for me without going nuclear turning everything off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're the best

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 11, 2023 Aug 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me on an AWS Build.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines