Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Creative Cloud Installer breaks Internet connection

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have the new macbook 14" and want to install the creative cloud app. however, during the installation, it kills my internet connection and I can't do anything. only after I quit the installation, the internet comes back.

I did multiple tests. such as restarting the router, rebooting my macbook etc. The internet always breaks during the installation and comes back when I abort.

Does anyone know how to resolve the issue?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud, Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happening to me too, on PC, Windows 11. Installing or updating Photoshop or Illustrator kills my router. This looks to be a common issue as I see a lot of people reporting it. It only started for me in the past couple weeks. 
I have AT&T fiber. It kills my router whether I conect over ethernet or wifi, whether connected directly to the AT&T modem/router or the connected Orbi mesh. I even did a system reset and a fresh install of Photoshop did the same thing.

No other programs or large downoads do this. Only creative cloud.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If an app can completely kill (break rather than slow down) a network connection, then there's a fault in something. Possibly the router. I've had problems with specific apps like this, and upgrading the firmware of the router was the solution.

Here's a suggestion: if you see this problem please reply with 

- your ISP (AT&T in the last post)

- any routers you have in your house or office between you and the ISP

- the final router (often provided by the ISP)

The reason is, this sort of cataloguing often shows us a pattern.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, here are the things you asked for:

• ISP: AT&T, Fiber
  • Orbi RBK753 mesh system
  • ISP Router: Arris BGW210,  Software version: 2.14.5

I have connected my PC straight to the AT&T Modem to eliminate the Orbi from the equation, and get the same behavior. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steven and Sersun, if the modem provided by the Internet Service Provider cannot sustain a fast enough connection, please get in touch with the service provider. They may need to review the connection to the modem or replace the modem itself. 

I ran into a similar situation after a neighbor moved into the downstairs apartment. My modem would disconnect when using data-intensive applications. The cable company came out and confirmed there were problems with the connection to the modem, corrected it, and even upgraded my cable modem all at the same time.

Alternately, you may want to look at a utility to control the application's amount of bandwidth. Feedback has been provided to allow the ability to limit download speeds, similar to the sync function, but that won't resolve any current problems with applying updates. I would recommend bookmarking https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/release-note/cc-release-notes.html to keep up to date regarding improvements and enhancements that have been implemented in the Creative Cloud desktop app.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jeff. If I was in your position I would be saying the same thing. And I will absolutely see about a new router from the ISP. 

It is just interesting that only CC brings down the network and other people are reporting this too. My router can sustain very fast throughput in other apps just fine. I run speed tests at over 800mbs with no problem. Other applications like Steam and MSFS202  will handle much larger downloads at higher speeds than CC when it installs an app.I'm not saying that fault is entirely with CC, but I wonder if something in CC updater needs to be optimized. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sersun, you are always welcome to begin a secure chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen to have the matter investigated.  Based on your most recent post, though, I would recommend looking at the modem next.

No amount of software reinstallation will compensate for a hardware failure. However, if you rent the modem from the Internet Service Provider, the entire service will likely be covered.  If you use a cable modem, then a technician can check the signal level remotely.

The other option is to limit the amount of bandwidth made available to the Creative Cloud applications and services.  If you decide to go down this route, please make sure the software is just throttling the amount of data and not damaging or malforming the packets sent through.  I have seen more than one download error caused due to software throttling. 

You could also try using the operating system's low data mode when applying Creative Cloud updates.  You can turn off everything but mandatory updates by following the steps listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/update-app.html.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Probably better to describe that the Adobe update kills the network on my PC, not my home network. Other devices can access the internet. So, it's not a router/broadband bandwidth issue. I've looked at Task Manager on my Windows PC and all the network traffic is for Adobe updater and nothing else gets a look in. I have many items of software that update on my PC and none do this, including Windows itself, when downloading updates. Microsoft OneDrive can rapidly sync files on my PC, some rather large given there are photos and videos, and, again, my PC is still usable.

My workaround is simply to disable auto-updates on Adobe apps and manually update when I know I'm not needing the use the PC. Ideally, I'd prefer the updater not to consume the entire network bandwidth of the PC device which must be possible given other software packages can manage it. But, in the meantime, my workaround will suffice.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, here are the things you asked for:

• ISP: AT&T, Fiber
  • Orbi RBK753 mesh system
  • ISP Router: Arris BGW210,  Software version: 2.14.5

I have connected my PC straight to the AT&T Modem to eliminate the Orbi from the equation, and get the same behavior. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, same here. I noticed from earlier topics that some advice was get a faster internet connection! Well I have a fast connection but Adobe just simply eats whatever is available. Any quality updater will throttle itself so as not to impact the user, or indeed anyone else using the same router. My only answer has been to disable auto updates and manually update when I know I'm going to be away, say just before going to sleep. But having to leave the PC switched on all night isn't exactly environmentally friendly. Having written downloaders myself this is not complicated. This software is not free, it's not cheap...please just get it sorted Adobe!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines