• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

creative cloud is blank window why?

Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2013 Jul 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 64 bit computer. Creative cloud informs me of updates, but on launch nothing appears but a blank window. Header creative cloud and the gear appear. The only options listed with the gear are; help, pin to window area, and quit creative cloud. Removing creative cloud and re-installing fails to fix the problem of a blank window. Cannot update any product using creative cloud, cannot see any thing in cloud window. No way to sign in or out, just quit. Problem for three days now and no support available to fix problem. This means paying for subscription, but not getting access or updates at this point. I feel a bit cheated paying for something, I am not getting!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 16, 2013 Jul 16, 2013

Hi jfalsken,

Please follow the steps mentioned below

WIN 7 and 8 (64 bit):

WIN 7 and 8 (32 bit):

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌hi have just tried the but still not working for me screen still in black any idears?

Cheers Colin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you see any results when switching to 256?  (i.e. when you ran creative cloud, did it reduce the number of colors on your display and/or was the black out gone in 256 mode?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌hi no it was still the same but have fixed it now it was the graphics card have two in laptop so disabled one and it was ok could see the downloads so done the updates restarted logged out of CC logged back in enable the graphics  card and all ok now .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2015 Nov 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mines a white screen on the tab and im on a  MacBook Pro OSX yosemite    no ones here has one for mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 06, 2015 Oct 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually the compatibility mode was key. I had to change the high DPI settings:

1. Stop Creative Cloud from running by right-clicking on the Notification (old System Tray) and selecting Quit.

2. Navigate to: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\ACC\Creative Cloud.exe," right-click on it, go to Compatibility, and select "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings."

3. Click OK and then run it. Should work just fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2015 May 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uh, there is no common files for mine!!! there is only: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2015 Jul 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hI! I have mac, this happened so i uninstall and reinstall the appa, when the CC installer is in progress suddenly disappear son the process never end, now i can`t install the CC app again on my mac, need help pls!! i can´t get any app to work thnx!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another Mac Victim Here!

This happens to my Mac frequently, my solution so far has been to ignore it and hope it works another day, but its getting very annoying.

Apparently there is an update today, but i can't download as i can't see anything in my window

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2015 Jul 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here we go again. My CC went blank as well this morning.... Why should it be necessary to do all that editing, deleting and re-installing to use our paid for software?? It happens over and again!!

When will Adobe acknowledge, that this is unacceptable??     

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 28, 2015 Jul 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it is very frustrating at times, you may go through :

Cloud Desktop App is blank?

New Creative Cloud App unusable: it's blank!

Might be some useful information is there.

Regards

Rajashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing happens at each update of any program of the Suite. I'm tired of having to renamee/remove the file opm.db and always re-install always CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2015 Jul 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But why do we have to do this? Why doesn't it just work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2015 Jul 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OS X 10.9.5

Happens way too often.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2015 Aug 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a total piece of crap on Windows 7 64-bit platform... It works once then, you have to Rename the OOBE, re-boot and/or reinstall every time...

No Bueno!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2015 Sep 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having this same problem with a 2015 MacBook Pro running Yosemite OS X 10.10.4.  Can anyone help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2015 Sep 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's crazy is that this 'beta-ware' is really the only interface with Adobe corporate that I see on a daily basis... And EVERYTIME I see it, it's a constant reminder that there's probably a problem with the quality with their products...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2015 Sep 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problems for me here. Mac current operating system. Just purchased the Photography CC yesterday and trying to download, I click the CC icon up top but the screen is just blank.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2015 Oct 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried all of the above (remove/re-install, delete the opm file) still blank white screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2015 Oct 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jfalsken

I have tried all the above methods and nothing seemed to work. I was also unable to uninstall creative cloud from windows.

This is what worked for me, download the uninstall creative cloud app from Adobe website, uninstall Creative Cloud and reinstall it again and this has fixed my problem. Hope it works for you. Good Luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2015 Oct 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The steps worked for me, but this is at least the third CC update that has required this particular fix (and while it worked on my Mac, it does not work on my Windows unit at my office; I'm running outdated apps). The question is, why does this keep happening to a number of people every time Adobe updates Adobe Creative Cloud? We're paying a relatively steep monthly fee for the service while losing hours dealing with a fix. And it's always the same (whether it works or not): rename the old OOBE directory(yes) and reinstall. Can't the installer itself accomplish this when it is updated? I cringe anymore when I see a notice that Adobe CC has been updated. Because I know it will mean some downtime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2015 Oct 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I understand the woes, the upgrade has been fixed now, the conflict is that the updates are though tested on various environment but still some OS configuration, security settings somewhere play a havoc, so until released those glitches can not be corrected

Regards

Rajshree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2015 Oct 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac the problem is not yet solved. I repeat that I have made ALL the advice offered.

The problem persists. And I'm very, very tired ... and very very angry!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Recently I upgraded my OS to OS X 10.11 El Capitan. I did not notice any misbehaviour with any of Adobe applications until yesterday when I was working with Adobe Illustrator CC2015 and I tried to install Adobe Tamil font from Typekit. Only then I noticed that Adobe CC Desktop application is showing me a blank screen when I try to access Files or Fonts. Otherwise it works fine. Today I even updated InDesign CCC2015, PS CC2015, IND CS6.

After several hours the applications is still showing a blank screen when try to see the files or the fonts. Not to mention that I still do not have Adobe Tamil installed on my MAC.

Screenshot 2015-10-16 13.11.28.jpg

Screenshot 2015-10-16 14.11.24.jpg

Screenshot 2015-10-16 14.28.05.jpg

Adobe CC desktop works fine on my Windows 7 partition.

Please advise.

Kind regards,

Sebastian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure but have you tried: App doesn't open | Progress wheel spins continually

Regards

Rajashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for your support. Unfortunately it didn't worked at all. I even deleted the folder and restart MAC in safe mode.

Still cannot acces the Fonts or Files through desktop application. However, if I enter on Typekit website it shows that I have Adobe Tamil installed. Perhaps it is installed on my WIN7 partition but certainly it is not on my OS X partition.

Please advise.

Sebastian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines