The two processes that are making the processor run at max are CCLibrary and CCXProcess. Any idea?
The Adobe engineering team has been investigating and working to the address this issue as soon as it was reported. Thank you for sharing your log files. We're very sorry for the inconvenience those faced in relation to the issue. Adobe plans to release a fix which addresses this as soon as possible, hopefully in the next few days.
At the moment, it seems that the latest update( 126.96.36.199 ) is working properly and has calmed things down a bit. Seems library is now back in PS. Fingers crossed that all will continue to function properly. Will continue to monitor today.
This issue should be addressed by an update to the Creative Cloud app that was released yesterday.
You'll want to uninstall and reinstall the Creative Cloud app to get the 188.8.131.52 version. It won't appear as an update within the app. These would be the steps I'd recommend
1) Close all open Adobe products
2) Quit the Creative Cloud desktop app
3) Close all Adobe related processes using Activity Monitor or Task Manager, list of processes below:
4) Remove the Creative Cloud app using the app uninstaller from here:
5) Reboot the computer
6) Download and reinstall the Creative Cloud app from here: https://creative.adobe.com/products/download/creative-cloud
7) Launch and confirm the latest version is installed by checking the app preferences display version 184.108.40.206
Hope that helps,
I ran into this today on a routine update that the CC app installed on its own when I launched it.
Why on earth does this automatic update install the broken 181 version rather than the newer 187? This seems very clunky and not at all an acceptable situation, especially since it is a month after this problem apparently had a known cause and solution.
@KiloHoku150 v220.127.116.11 seems to be the latest. I just installed that.
Just wanted to post that uninstalling, rebooting, and reinstalling as the instructions suggest has solved the multiple instances of "Adobe CEF Helper" and has greatly solved the CPU usage for my Win 7, i7, 6GB memory laptop. I was running a version prior to 18.104.22.168 and installed the latest as of this date. I do wonder why the automatic update does not handle this scenario however ...
The latest update of Creative Cloud (22.214.171.124) has fixed the issue for me… Thanks!
Same issue here, since ~3 weeks.
Copy link to clipboard
The latest update of Creative Cloud (126.96.36.199 released on 12/11/2015) has fixed the issue for me.