• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud keeps telling me it needs to be repaired almost every week

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the past few weeks, creative cloud gives me a pop-up message telling me that creative cloud needs to be repaired.  When I click on "repair" it basically redownloads and reinstalls the creative cloud desktop app.  I am running Windows 10 on an HP computer and my windows updates are current.

Why does creative cloud keep breaking and require a "repair"?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alicia, I am sorry that the installation of the Creative Cloud desktop app keeps being damaged. Are you running any security or disk optimization software that may remove or modify files stored on the computer?  How often are the installed files being destroyed, deleted, or invalidated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

I am running Malwarebytes but that usually gives me a message if it finds
any malicious software, so I don't think that is causing the problem. Other
than that, I am just running the default Windows 10 security software.
Windows 10 also has built in disk defragmentation and optimization software
that runs in the background. I have not manually turned this on or off so
it is just running in the default mode. Have you had similar reports from
other Windows 10 users?

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update, Alicia. For your next steps, contact the Malwarebytes developers to verify the current settings are not causing any damage to files stored on the computer.  

There haven't been any recent reports, but several public discussions referenced the utility as causing damage to Adobe applications.  Verifying the utility is fully up to date, and using recommended settings, can help confirm it is not periodically damaging files stored on the computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply Jeff.  I will follow up with the Malwarebytes people to see if this might be the sourse of the issue I am seeing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Per your suggestion, I contacted MalwareBytes to see if their software might be causing this problelm with Adobe.  I ran the recommended diagnostics that MB suggested and they told me that their software did not appear to be interferring with the Adobe environment.

So, at this time, I don't appear to have a reason why I have to keep reinstalling Adobe CC periodically when it appears to get broken on my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the additional information, Alicia. The root problem still remains; something is damaging or removing files periodically from the computer.

What type of Creative Cloud membership are you using, Alicia?  I don't see any memberships assigned to the e-mail address you used to post to this public discussion forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe-Account-Info.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jeff,

Can you be more specific? When CC determines it's damaged, what are the file names of the files it determines are damaged or missing? I use Bitdefender and Windows Defender and have used NAV. I see someone else has reported this as an issue and they use Malwarebytes. What are the filenames?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines