Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud not recognizing with installed Apps

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2018 Jul 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have reinstalled/updated Windows (from 8.1 to 10), and I have my Adobe Creative Cloud apps installed in a different drive (D:\). I am trying to sync or detect the already installed apps to Cloud desktop app with no avail.

Is there a way for me to link/detect/sync the installed apps (AE,PR,LR,PS), without having to re-install them again and lose all my plugins and custom settings ? I have on going projects.

You can see from the attached screenshot that I have Premier running in the background and the Desktop App not detecting it.

I have tried re-installing the Desktop app and run update from Help> Update in Premier.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 29, 2018 Jul 29, 2018

check your account to verify your subscription is what you expect and to verify your adobe id, https://accounts.adobe.com

if everything is as you expect and your subscription is current:

rename  your Adobe PCD folder and SLStore folders,  https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/configuration-error.html

sign out of your cc desktop app*

restart your computer

sign back in to your cc desktop application* using the same adobe id used to verify your subscription.

*http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/sign-in-out-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

change the install drive (to your D:/directory) in the cc app settings to match the drive directory where the apps are currently installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, thats the 1st thing I tried. No success

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2018 Jul 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check your account to verify your subscription is what you expect and to verify your adobe id, https://accounts.adobe.com

if everything is as you expect and your subscription is current:

rename  your Adobe PCD folder and SLStore folders,  https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/configuration-error.html

sign out of your cc desktop app*

restart your computer

sign back in to your cc desktop application* using the same adobe id used to verify your subscription.

*http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/sign-in-out-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I think the language is not correct .When you install CC desktop for the first time ,the language is on 'Locale" and it's the same as your OS .Maybe you need to choose "International English " or another English version ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was the solution for me! The apps where International English and CC Desktop was North America.

After changing to international English is CC Desktop and restarted the app, my InDesign and Photoshop shows up as installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this solution solved my problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you ever went to Brazil im going to pay you a beer! haha That totally worked for me, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hhhhhhh I will inform you ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me! Adobe really need to fix this! We should not need to switch language every time to see all our applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a better solution than the actual answer marked as a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Few years later,2021, its still happening(after auto-aupdate) and this here is the actual solution for me , thanks,arij2010!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes yes yes, that was it!!! Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thaaaanks!!!! this was the solution for me!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

Happy to see that my solution is still helping 2 years after leaving Adobe or Adobe leaving me instead

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolute legend!! This is still an issue, just had this happen to me where creative cloud was on my native language and not on English International, changed it and it immediately found my installed applications, thanks so much!

(october 2022, macos, still the same problem)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2023 Jun 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You solved my issue, thank you for sharing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. Apps on D: drive are not recognized when reinstalling Creative Cloud on C: drive after system restore. I tried the folder permissions suggestion. Tried the language suggestion. Did check my Adobe subscription. None of it worked. Any other suggestion? The current version of Creative Cloud is 4.8.1.435. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had the same problem. Switching the Install location worked for me.

Sem Título.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines