• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud on 2 personal computers

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2013 Jun 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am thinking of purchasing a Creative Cloud plan, but I have two computers, a desktop and a laptop. Can on account run on both computers??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 13, 2015 Jun 13, 2015

You can install on as many machines as you like.  Of all the installations you might have, only two of them can be in an activate state (signed in).  Of those two active machines you can only use the subscription software on one at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 147 Replies 147
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2016 Mar 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So basically in 2016 adobe is still limiting the users who are paying for a subscription? I must say that this is one of few times I regret not having read the entire license agreement. I'm actually paying for a limited experience and I'm gonna terminate my subscription. To be honest, it feels very old to be limiting your users. We are paying for the software and you offer no other way to actually buy the software and physically own it to install anywhere we want to, or have I missed that option. So basically you are the only company to date that have not figured out that you own what you pay for. Even streaming services allow you to watch streams from anywhere, not just two devices. I buy the concept that I can only run one software at the time, but limit the amount of installations? That's just pure BS.

Thanks for clarifying your license. Another proof that cracked and hacked software will never go away and you are part of the reason.

Do I sound angry? Well, that's because I am. It's an outdated license type and should be overlooked. I use 5 devices (yes five) and need to run PS and LR from all of them since that's what my work and clients require. So in order to be able to do my work with a software I pay for I need three licenses?! I think not, I'm going to look at other ways. I support and love your work and software but I do not support limited licenses and greed.

Over and out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2016 Apr 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have CC for teams, need to install on my laptop (it is allready on my desktop PC).

After sign in to Creative Cloud application, allmost all Apps have "Try" button next to the app name.

Do I install it like that, with Try option?

I only have one current instalation until now, on my PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2016 May 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2016 Apr 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not true. I have the cloud month-to-month installed on one machine. I just tried to install on a  2nd computer and the only option I have is "trial".. Thanks again adobe for making this difficult.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2016 Jul 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok - how do I download then on the second computer.  Adobe option is only a trial on the second computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2016 Jul 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe ID here in forum has no Creative Cloud subscription, please download with the Adobe ID with which it is registered.

Regards

Rajashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2016 Sep 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is great information thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im having issue using paid version on my work computer...put on temp. laptop till i get mine later this week or next week..how do i get to work on work computer and will i be able to put on new laptop if i put on work computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you should be able to Josh... see this previous post just above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have cc installed on two pc's. One at home and a laptop for travel. Software works fine on both, but for some reason, the laptop does not update when I ask it to look for updates. I end up running a different level on the laptop. All functionality appears to be ok, but I can't get my laptop to update to latest version of Lightroom CC. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If a CC product update or new version doesn't show up, then try the steps here:

Available updates not listed for Adobe Creative Cloud applications?

If still no luck, then follow this guide to use direct download links instead:

How to Solve It When Adobe Programs or Updates Won’t Download

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, i'm new on adobe CC.

i just buy adobe cc team all app, my question is how to make available to two user email address so i can easy use on adobe cc sign in.

now i install to Mac book Pro so can i install to Windows 7 pro the Adobe CC and add active user (new email address without buy a new licenses)?

On windows 7 i don't want to use previous email, i'm trying to add new email on active user but system asking me to buy new licenses.

or cannot use different email for one license?

Adobe CC TEAM 1 licenses:

1. assign to user a@gmail.com and use MACBook Pro

2. need to assign new user add new email address b@gmail.com and use on Windows 7 pro

because we seated together and when he not use Adobe CC, so i can use that and sign in with b@gmail.com

on my desktop PC windows 7 pro.

help me thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each CC license is single email, and

each CC license can be run on a single computer at a time.

With the Teams edition, you can change the person/email that a license is assigned to, but never more than one at a time for each seat purchased.

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each CC license is single email, and

each CC license can be run on a single computer at a time.

With the Teams edition, you can change the person/email that a license is assigned to, but never more than one at a time for each seat purchased.

Hope that helps

Correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi madp008 / all

I just bought new Macs myself and was looking for info about this

First this thread a came up, there are plenty of conflicting answers above though

here’s the info from Adobe-

see: On how many computers can I install my apps?

Your individual Creative Cloud license lets you install your apps on more than one computer, activate (sign-in) on two, but use them on only one computer at a time.”

Install

You can install Creative Cloud applications on multiple computers, regardless of operating system.

Activate

You can activate Creative Cloud on up to two computers.

Use

You can use the software on one computer at a time.

If you want to deactivate apps on an old machine then check this out:

Deactivate

Deactivation disconnects your apps on a specific computer from your user license. Deactivating allows you to install and run apps on a new computer. (A single license for Adobe software lets you install an application on two computers. See On how many computers can I install my apps?)

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/activate-deactivate-creative-cloud-apps.html

I hope this helps

if so, please do mark my reply as "helpful" and if you're OK now, please mark it as "correct" below, so others who have similar issues can see the solution

thanks

neil barstow, colourmanagement

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently bought an iMac and have CC on my Macbook. Apps work fine on Macbook, but when I logged in and tried to open LR it's giving the option to start trial. How come I can't just use it the way I use it on my Macbook?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

See John's recommendations just above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will be asked to log out of all other instances when logging in to the creative cloud on another system. I use the same license on my desktop and my Surface and I'm asked to log out whenever I use the other platform. You are not allowed to use them at the same time though. I have a vague memory that it says something like that in the terms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Teams: need to log out all the licensed computers.

Individual CC license: You can log out a computer of your choice.

And yes: You can’t use the computers concurrently. It is thought for one user and several machines, not for several users on several machines.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still an issue when rendering on one computer while continuing to work on another.  I don't have fast enough machines to do both at the same time and maintain productivity.  Atleast using two computesr concurrently would be extremely helpful.  Perhaps limiting to the same network would be in the favor of Adobe for mitigation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are replying to a conversation that was started 7 years ago and covers 9 pages of posts. Even though the last reply, other than yours, was made in 2019 the dixcussion is still 7 years old.

It would be best to start your own NEW Conversation and state your problem giving as much detail as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the idea is  - 'one person one licence' I get that - but why not allow activiation on as many computers as you want if only one use is allowed at once - deactivating and reactivaing wastes about ten minutes each time. Also I have woked in some pretty remote places with no internet (yes there are such places you know!) - sometimes for longer tha the 90 days or whatever the offline time period is (shocking I know).  Doesn't bode well for that lone Premier Pro editor on  a remote island in French Polynesia...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As far as I know http://www.adobe.com/products/elements-family.html may be used without Internet after activation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines