• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud on Windows Server 2016

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this error trying to update Creative Cloud applications on my Windows Server 2016 box.

Exit Code: 190

Summary - 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 0 warnings(s)

FATAL: Sanity check for installation failed. Current OS version 10.0.14393 doesn't satisfy OS requirements.

FATAL: Error occurred in install product workflow with error code 190 error message

Any reason that Windows Server 2016 is not supported to the same extent as Windows 10?  It is similarly updated and supports all the dot net frameworks.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

I am sorry, Davidcarta. Please utilize the Creative Cloud membership on a computer that meets the system requirements referenced in message #2 of this public forum discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Davidcarta, Error 190 indicates that the installation is occurring on a computer that does not meet the minimum system requirements.  Please install on a computer which meets the system requirements listed in Adobe Creative Cloud system requirements .

For more information on Error 190 see Troubleshoot errors using Creative Cloud log files .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is pretty incredible - this server is fast, has tons of RAM, and has

16 cores. Adobe needs more than this?

On Wed, Oct 17, 2018 at 12:40 PM Jeff A Wright <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you click the requirements link, and then the links for programs?

I did... and Windows Server 2016 is not a supported operating system

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that someone was just lazy if they didn't want to deploy to

Windows 2016 - it is basically indistinguishable from Windows 10 - as a

developer, I know this intimately.

On Wed, Oct 17, 2018 at 1:04 PM John T Smith <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry, Davidcarta. Please utilize the Creative Cloud membership on a computer that meets the system requirements referenced in message #2 of this public forum discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry Jeff, but I refuse to believe without explanations that suddenly all 7 apps I have used for years are now using a feature that really is missing from Windows Server 2016, which – if you didn't know it – is updated hand-in-hand with Windows 10 and has the same UI and (almost) everything.

Please talk to the developers and ask what sort of OS feature is now missing from the server OS that now rejects updates. I'm almost 100% confident that it is only a missing check mark in the list of allowed OSes in the installation package, nothing else and is a totally unnecessarily limitation. Similar (but not the same) case used to exist in the old stand-alone Lightroom installers. There the 'setup.exe' wanted always to install the 32-bit version in 64-bit server OS. I had to pick the separate setup64.exe from the uncompressed file to install the 64-bit version. This stupid thing followed all stand-alone Lightroom installers year after year and yet, the LIghtroom worked well. That must have been lazy from Adobe's part.

Having done a couple of software installers for Windows, I know that it is the Windows Installer that checks these prerequisites according to a simple list in the installer package and if the OS is not listed there, it refuses to install. It is a simple lookup function and has nothing to do with real system requirements. Sometimes developers misconfigure it to refuse to accept later versions of the OS! I hope Adobe can do this little change to us all and stop unnecessarily limit users to Windows workstation versions. There are very few apps which cannot be run in workstation or server versions of Windows and most often the reason is purely commercial or, you cannot run it in the workstation version due to memory limitations, for example.

Furthermore, in addition of being unhelpful, it is also unpractical and even unpolite to ignore the issue of a few by saying "Please install on a computer which meets the system requirements". I want to use Adobe CC software in THIS machine, not in some other machine or to run it in a virtual machine (VM) for no good reason. Using a VM compromises the display calibration, which is essential for Lightroom and many other Adobe software to work correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback, Karij86199040.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, Jeff. It wasn't David who wrote the reply.

I wonder if the forthcoming Windows Server 2019 would fit the bill, but probably not. I forgot to mention the Adobe CC software I have been using: InDesign, Illustrator, Lightroom, Photoshop, Premier + Media Encoder, DreamWeaver. They ALL fail to upgrade and I doubt they use the same code base. They most likely share a number of same libraries, of course.

Please pass the request to the development teams.

Best regards,

Kari Jurva
Finland

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies, David and Kari.  I have edited my previous response .

Kari and David, I do appreciate that you would like to use a server version of Windows to run our Creative applications.  I am sorry that this is not currently possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Today, I updated my Windows Server 2016 Standard edition to the latest version of Windows Server 2019 (there are a couple of subversions). No issues with that.

I was also glad to find out that now all the CC software updated to the latest version successfully. I quickly opened them and they seemed to run just fine. Just in case, I did not remove old versions (a checkbox found in the Advanced options), except with Lightroom, which doesn't support that option.

Best regards,

Kari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not possible because you refuse to make it possible... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, your response is not an acceptable response.  As an enterprise customer I recently received an announcement that Adobe now supports non-persistent multi user systems that use federation accounts.  If this statement is true then not supporting a server OS directly apposes this product announcement.

VIRTUALIZED DEPLOYMENTS — Enterprise Administration Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paulr7600290, are you attempting to run Creative Cloud applications on a server version of Windows or are you attempting to virtualize the use of CC applications using Windows server?  Which Adobe applications are you attempting to use in a virtualized environment?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Up until the latest version of CC (2018 was the most recent that is working) we have been running on a GPU enabled Server 2012 R2 with great success.  The applications run fantastic and users are pleased, however the latest version will not install which is poor customer service to just stop supporting operating systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks for the clarification and feedback, Paulr7600290.  You can find a link to the system requirements for each of the Adobe applications included with a Creative Cloud membership at Adobe Creative Cloud system requirements .

You may also want to consider providing feedback in the forum specific to that software title.  The engineers that are developing those software titles do monitor the product specific forums.  For a complete list of available public discussion forums see https://forums.adobe.com/welcome .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff answers are just robotic... its like a machine Adobe pay to just say: our options have recently changed, press 1 for "check the system requirements"...  press 2 for "check the system requirements"...  press 3 for "check the system requirements"... "check the system requirements"... "check the system requirements"... "check the system requirements"... "check the system requirements"... "check the system requirements"... "check the system requirements"... "check the system requirements"... "check the system requirements"... "check the system requirements"...  WE KNOW THAT JEFF... WE KNOW THAT!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The goal of the staff apparently is not to actually pass the problem up to the development team to fix - rather to say

"I did my job"

Which lead to this: That's Not My Job!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a very bad way of handling this Jeff... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2019 Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm guessing getting Media Encoder on Windows Server 2019 is a no go huh? That's sad 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By default windows server 2019 will block installation due to IE Enhanced Security Configuration. You will have to disable it by opening the Server Manager. I have shown how to do this on this YouTube Video: https://youtu.be/E46PMd4i_Gk

[posting once is information, posting the same thing 3 times is spam]

[other 2 messages moved to holding to be deleted... Moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy install to desktop or somewhere

right click, choose compatibility troubleshooter

Installed for me (although I am evidently a year late to this thread)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@nopking,

you were a lot more timely than the person posting after you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AhmadSC25, this post you made solved my problem, I Wanted to install Creative cloud on an windows server 2016 standard, the installer always presented an White screen and it wasnt possible to go further, I disabled IE security as shown in your video, and now Creative cloud installed like a charm .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines