• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud "Download Error" message

Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2013 Jul 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to the App section on the creative cloud manager I get the message "Download Error. Please Contact Customer Support."

Could somebody please help me fix this?

I have tried restarting my computer, signing in and out of creative cloud, and clearing the cache.

Thanks

error.jpg

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 02, 2013 Jul 02, 2013
  • Try to delete AAMupdater folder from

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/

If above doesn't worked then perform below steps

• Rename the opm.db file under

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Jan 30, 2014 Jan 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks The Information was correct  the fix worked  I had  installed a new SSD which ment  my home folder  was on a different disc to  my system folder   Getting the the  Correct Location is problematic as The traditional roots to expose the Home library folder  will often suggest the file is not found.  In my hase to find the location manually i had been going to my old root library folder  folder on the disc  which hosts my  home folder

Silly mistake to make  It is an intermim set up trialing  how to  use the new mac pro with the smaller SSD   and  external  storage

Have found it would make sence to keep the  structure of the home folder intact  on the boot disc and  use  simlinks  to  position  the heftier elements of my home folder externally and  not to relocate the whole home folder

This way my sytem and i will not get confused.

Thanks Again

Graeme

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2014 Sep 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for posting this. I finally have my creative cloud back!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2014 Sep 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sandybos, glad it worked for you. I appreciate feedback and if you are able to give me a good rating, that helps too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2014 Apr 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! I have been trying to solve this problem for months!!! I had all but given up. Thanks so much. You have really resolved a major headache for me. It's totally working for me now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2014 Apr 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for posting this fix. It worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2014 May 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem on Retina Mac Book OS X Mavericks - deleting the folder then closing CC and restarting worked. Then the update of cc started and the Apps folder worked again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2015 Feb 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have a problem. Cant fix the issue. I won't be allowed to delete it, cause the "am.log" is in use. Then I close the CC desktop, and then im allowed to delete it. But...problem is, when I relaunch CC desktop, it creates a new AAMupdater ?

anyone have the same problem? Hope somebody can help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2014 Sep 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

I deleted the AAMupdater folder, that didnt work.

Do I delete the AAMUpdater Inventory folder as well? It has a lot of things inside it:

<Screen Shot 2014-09-06 at 9.40.05 AM.png>

OR, how do I rename the opm.db file under

Library/Application Support/Adboe/OOBE?

I dont see a file inside there by that name?

Do I just rename the OOBE folder?

I dont completely understand what this is asking me to do.

<Screen Shot 2014-09-06 at 9.38.39 AM.png>

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2014 Sep 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rd,

not sure if you saw this earlier on, but may help you, as it's helped several people:

Most are going to the visible directory and not the hidden. The ~ indicates Hidden directory. To get to this, go to Finder, while holding down option key select Go menu at top and you should see Library as an option on pull down menu (you won't see this if you don't hold down option key). This gets you to the hidden Library directory and you can try one or both of the things below:

Quit Creative Cloud ( on PCs, launch the Task Manager and STOP Creative Cloud.exe ), then:

If above doesn't work, then perform below step:

• DELETE the opm.db file from (again this is in HIDDEN directory, same steps as above to navigate):

Relaunch Creative Cloud.

thanks,

schonk72

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2015 Jul 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally found this solution - worked great!  Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2015 Oct 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something is seriously wrong, neither of these worked for my Windows 8 laptop. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the creative cloud app so many times and I can't express how frustrating it is not to have access to Lightroom or Photoshop when I desperately need to use both.

The AAM folder does not exist, and three times I have renamed the opm three times, and each time I relaunch Creative cloud the program just creates another opm file.

Please fix this. I'm paying for apps that I can't use

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 01, 2013 Jul 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has been fixed in Creative Cloud version 1.0.0.183.

However, if you don't have updated then please quit creative cloud and relaunch it.

it will prompt an update for Cretaive Cloud.

Or you can follow the steps given in the following article.

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/unknown-server-error-launching-cc.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2013 Jul 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. Unfortuently none of these fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2014 Jun 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are a lifesaver! Thank you! I've been so stressed about this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2014 Dec 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I had this problem in ACC version 1.8.1.451 too. Your solution worked very well. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2013 Sep 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just FYI...for Windows users...just launch the Task Manager and STOP Creative Cloud.exe then relaunch Creative Cloud...you should be good to go...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 16, 2013 Nov 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, folks.  None of these solutions work for me.  I just downloaded Creative Cloud v 1.2.1.260 today in order to test Photoshop.  As soon as I click on "apps", I get the screen from the original post.  I've tried all of the fixes in this tread to-date...no dice.  The AAMupdate and OOBE folders are properly created when the program relaunches, but I still get the "Download Error" (even though I'm not trying to download anything).

Any other thoughts???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a trial version or full version of Creative Cloud? You mentioned folders being restored, but in the 2 things to delete, first is folder, second is a file only, not folder. Can you list exact steps you took, so we can get a better idea of where the issue might be. Also, you said you're on version 1.2.1.260 (currently I'm on v 1.3.0.322, so updating CC may help as well, considering they are making fixes to known issues).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 17, 2013 Nov 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting same error for past few days now, any solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2013 Nov 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no solution that has worked for me other than downloading applications on another login. It's a pain but they still work on my login.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2013 Dec 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We had the Download Error issue quite persistently at our office. Deleting the OOBE directory did not work nor did re-installing the CC Desktop. However, having done those, it was booting the Mac that finally cleared the connection problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 11, 2013 Dec 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mikael... Thanks for the update.  I'm not sure that I follow the details, though.  Was rebooting alone enough?  Did you have to delete the directories AND reboot?  (Or reboot and reinstall?)  If so, what was the ordering?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ofer4,

see my response to Graemezee1 and it may help.

schonk72 wrote:

Graemezee1,

not sure if you saw the earlier comments in this thread, but several people seem to be confused by the path to take care of this. Most are going to the visible directory and not the hidden. The ~ indicates Hidden directory. To get to this, go to Finder, while holding down option key select Go menu at top and you should seee Library as an option on pull down menu (you won't see this if you don't hold down option key). This gets you to the hidden Library directory and you can try one or both of the things below:

Quit Creative Cloud ( on PCs, launch the Task Manager and STOP Creative Cloud.exe ), then:

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/       If above doesn't worked then perform below step:

• Delete the opm.db file under

Relaunch Creative Cloud.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2014 Feb 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional information for Windows users. The following worked for me. If you are from Adobe reading this, I'll also offer a pointer to what the cause might be.

Solution: Run task manager. There was a suggestion in this thread to stop the creative cloud.exe App from running. I had to go one step deeper after closing the program (and not finding the .exe in the app list): Click on processes, and find the process named Adobe CreativeCloud, and forcibly ended that process.

Upon re-launching CC, everything was fine.

For Adobe devs: When I re-launched and started a download, Windows asked me to authorized the installation. Since my CC installer failed after the computer was on for quite a while (with CC running), I would suggest that the issue has to do with the storage of the Windows authentication credentials (or loss thereof) that initially were granted for installing apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2014 Feb 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this error is so annyoing... Nothing of all the solutions worked for me (I'm using the latest Cloud app version on Mavericks). It is really an pain, because i cant install any more apps.

- didnt work

• Delete the opm.db file under

this file doesnt exist and yes, hidden files are shown.

please fix it adobe!   i wasted more than enough time trying to find a workaround already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines