We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.
I cannot install most creative cloud apps because creative cloud is running in compatibility mode for some reason. This affects about 2/3rds of apps, including Lightroom, Premiere Pro and After Effects.
When I click on the "Not Compatible" button of any of these apps, I get the following message: "Please update your operating system to: Windows 10 (version 1803 or later). I am currently running Windows 10 build 1909. My computer is less than a year old and I meet all system requirements for these apps.
I followed the troubleshooting steps that I found here:
But none of the files mentioned in the article are running in compatibility mode, so this did not do anything for me.
This is a freshly re-installed version of creative cloud. I have been having the same problem for a few months, but I could use legacy versions of the apps I needed, and I re-installed hoping that re-installing creative cloud and all apps would fix the problem. My PC has a i7-9750H, 32 Gb RAM, 370 Gb free space on the hard drive and Windows 10 64 Bit Build 1909. I have a "All Apps" subscription with Adobe.
Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for your help.
Thanks for the response.
I tried searching several terms relating to my problem but I wasn't able to find anything.
If your computer STARTS in compatibility mode, I think that means you have a hardware driver issue that is not allowing Windows to run properly... I will GUESS a motherboard device driver that is somehow "bad"
I have NO idea how to determine your actual problem
Did you get this problem solved as I have exactly the same thing. Running latest version of Windows. I called Adobe but thier technitions seemed to think because I run WIndows 10 2004, they belive I'm running an old Windows 2004 !!!! Driving me nuts.
[removed ms word formattting codes... Mod]
Probably not what you want to hear, but I did a full re-install of windows, and when I re-installed creative cloud it figured out the correct version of windows. It’s been working fine since then.