Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud update issues - a permanent anger

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all.
I have to post my annoyance with Adobe's approach to Creative Cloud updates and would be happy to hear about your experiences.

I think Adobe is making life unnecessarily difficult for users in this point. Not only that almost every 1st to 2nd week updates are made, but to make matters worse, there are several other points that make it difficult for a user to work:
1. Constant updates to icons and their text, why do I have to do this? I have the Adobe applications collected in a folder on the desktop, which I have to replace regularly because it can no longer find the old icons.
2. Constant renewal of functions, removing useful functions such as the camera to take a high resolution picture.
3. Again and again the plugin management was changed, so that certain plugins no longer work.
4. In irregular intervals certain settings, if they were not standard settings, are gone, although their preservation was selected during the update.
5. Working offline is hardly possible in the meantime. What should notebook owners do when they are on the road?
6. With the updates it is also often pointed out that it also improves the security. Is it possible to refuse an installation? I think not.

And more. I spend hours of hours to set the Apps to run properly.

Hello Adobe! It all costs nerves, time and money! And does not support productivity.
Unfortunately, such feedback hardly reaches the ears of the people in charge.
Not to mention the contact possibilities.
Too bad Adobe - there was another way!

Rob
(Technical Writer)

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Feature request , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I usually have no problems installing the updates.

Nobody forces you to install every update. You can switch off the automatic update check and installation.

See here https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

how to manage check and installing updates.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Axel.

Yes, This is right.
But as i say, if there are a comment "the update will solve security issues". Which choice you have?
All things around updates costs the Admins / Users a lot of time.

It is nice to have new features, but - for my opinion - the update intervals are too short and the problems avoid from work and causes less productivity.

This must not be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You still have choices. You can manually install updates whenever it's convenient for you.

I choose to install updates about once or twice per month. Never had any issues with them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello John.

My System is a Windows 10 pro with newest updates.
I have all CC Applications, Lightroom and Acrobat DC.
One Problem is - as i described:
I cannot work without a online connection after a new start or if I'm be offline longer than 1 hour.
Mainly Acrobat say "You are not connected to the Internet..." and stop working.
The other problems exists too.
I has spoken with the support sometimes but no solution was found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rob_69, I am very sorry you are encountering so many problems utilizing your Creative Cloud membership.  An annual Creative Cloud membership can be used offline for up to 99 days - https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/internet-connection-creative-cloud-apps.html.  If this is not occurring, it is because the certificates stored on the computer are becoming invalidated or damaged; this is why a new network connection is necessary to validate an active membership.

For your next steps, Rob_69, please remove all Adobe-related certificates by following the steps listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/adobe-license-issues-keychain-credential-mgr.html.  If you are still unable to use the Creative Cloud software without an Internet connection. In that case, I recommend reviewing the settings and checking for updates for any installed security or utility software.  Misconfigured software could be periodically removing or damaging the licensing files that are stored on the computer.

Regarding controlling the update process, Rob_69, please see https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/update-app.html for information on how you can turn off automatic updates.  Mandatory updates for the Creative Cloud desktop app will still be applied, but you have complete control of application updates.  Please see https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/release-note/cc-release-notes.html for a list of enhancements that have been introduced to the Creative Cloud desktop app and how often mandatory updates are sent out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines