Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud update stuck at 30% or at 91%

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've just purchased a new PC with clean Win 10 installation.

After completing the Creative Cloud desktop application installation it starts the automatic update process that reaches 30% and stacks there.

I tried to uninstall the Creative Cloud desktop application and reinstall it back but it didn't help.

Then I uninstalled it and installed Photoshop using the Photoshop Installer (without installing Creative Cloud application first). In this case, the Photoshop was downloaded and installed successfully, as well as Creative Cloud desktop application. The update process in Creative Cloud application then started and reached 91%.

I tried to uninstall Adobe products using the Adobe Cleaner tool and remove all the related files and folders but got the same results as above.

This is clean Win 10 pro installation and I didn't install any antivirus or firewall yet.

Any help will be highly appreciated!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Hi Bani,

As I said above, the CC Cleaner Tool did not help to solve the problem.

I managed to install the photography apps before solving the problem by quickly clicking on Install button before the update was started in the CC application, after reboot.

What resolved the problem was adding the Administrator rights to the CC application executable and then rebooting the workstation. Someone mentioned that it might help in one of the replies to the similar problem.

And I disabled "Auto Run" for this

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yurip84154922,

Sorry that you are unable to install or update the Creative Cloud desktop app because it gets stuck at a certain percentage.

Please perform the steps shared under 'Solution 3' of the following help document to resolve the issue: "Failed to install" error received when installing Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app"

Let us know if this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue here, and used the ACC cleaning tool, it never worked. I had a clean new Windows 10 pro installed, then successfully installed the ACC and Photography package apps without problem about a month ago.

Since the latest ACC update, my update progress was always stuck at 45%. So I followed the solution 3, and did the cleaning procedure and reinstalled ACC. Now the update progress is stuck at 30%. I tried the cleaning tool and it didn’t work, also installing in the safe mode with Internet didnt work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bani,

As I said above, the CC Cleaner Tool did not help to solve the problem.

I managed to install the photography apps before solving the problem by quickly clicking on Install button before the update was started in the CC application, after reboot.

What resolved the problem was adding the Administrator rights to the CC application executable and then rebooting the workstation. Someone mentioned that it might help in one of the replies to the similar problem.

And I disabled "Auto Run" for this application since I need it for updates installation only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same problem 3 times now. Keeps happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just seems to continue as an issue.

I have the new CC desktoo (Oct 2019) and all updates fail at around 40%. No security apps running.

So I tried the manual download/install PS 2019 and it seemed to break the desktop app. It wont launch until it redownloads/installs. And guess what.. Desktop app stuck at 39% download so no hope now.  No help from Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the Adobe recommended solutions as well as others suggested in support communities.  None worked to update Lightroom Classic or Camera Raw, which each stopped at the same percentage, multiple times.  I decided to download the individual apps for each and install.  From this I observed they downloaded quickly so the problem was not my connection.  But before installing, I tried something else, which worked for me.  I uninstalled the Creative Cloud updater app (I used Iobit uninstaller but I assume the Windows uninstaller could be used as well).  Midway through uninstalling I got the message that it couldn't uninstall because it was needed by applications.  I hit continue and it uninstalled.  I then downloaded a new copy of the Creative Cloud Updater and was able to update Lightroom successfully.  I had to uninstall and then reinstall again to update Camera Raw.  A bit of a pain but it worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sat with Adobe help desk online, they tried everything, nothing worked, in fact gave up. On whim I tried installing 32 bit Java(I had 64 bit) NOW SUDDENLY EVERYTHING WORKS!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems that was just a coincidence, I am since unable to update Photoshop and Creative Cloud. Adobe help desk just goes through the same routines, none of which help. I tried unistalling Photoshop, then reinstalling from their direct link but this also crashes and won't install. Now I have no Photoshop at all. Please Adobe, can you work out what causes these problems? Looking at the dates this has been going on for more than a year!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, and i've tried all the recommended fixes! Very frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Adobe, this is an issue that hass been dragging for years now. I also have this issue and spent already hours of work time trying to fix it. Maybe you should fix this issue at last?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines