• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative cloud updates

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2013 Sep 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My desktop creative cloud app is showing all my apps as up to date when they're not. I'm still on Photoshop 14.0 while my colleague is on 14.1. I've tried logging in and out of my account, uninstalling and reinstalling the creative cloud app, deleting preferences etc. I can't update from within the apps themselves as this option is greyed out. Why is it not updating?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 16, 2013 Sep 16, 2013

Hi flitch56789,

Please navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\AAMUpdaterInventory\1.0\AdobeUpdaterAdminPrefs.dat open in notepad and change the value from 1 to 0.

Updater.PNG

Launch the software/Go to help and select updates.

Regards,

Romit Sinha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi flitch56789,

Please navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\AAMUpdaterInventory\1.0\AdobeUpdaterAdminPrefs.dat open in notepad and change the value from 1 to 0.

Updater.PNG

Launch the software/Go to help and select updates.

Regards,

Romit Sinha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Romit

I'm on a mac. Where do I find the admin prefs file on a mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Mac the location is: <Startup Disk>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AAMUpdaterInventory/1.0/AdobeUpdaterAdminPrefs.dat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok following your instructions I got the creative cloud app to show that Photoshop needed updating. It was a lot of messing about as I didn't have permission to change the AdobeUpdaterAdminPrefs.dat file.

Having managed that when I clicked on update within the Creative Cloud app the update stopped at 50% and froze. I tried updating Dreamweaver and the same thing happened. I have been able to update Photoshop successfully by going to Help/Updates from within Photoshop though using the Adobe Application Manager. I can't say I'm very impressed with the creative cloud user experience but thanks for helping me out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines