Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

creative cloud won't let me install apps

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

ok so I had to reinstall windows on my computer because I had issues with windows update. But my adobe apps worked perfectly. Now my Windows is up to date but I can't seem to install any app from the desktop creative cloud app, even installing the CC app turned out to be really complicated. Indeed I had the MSCV140.dll problem, which I managed to fix by reintalling the missing files.

Anyways, when I open the CC app I see a spinning wheel in the top right corner over the little cloud icon, and it just won't dissapear. In the beginning (that is before I followed all the relevant instructions I could find in the threads here) it was because the CC app started updating and could never finish it, so when I wanted to install any other app it was in line behind it and never started. After this I came here searching for solutions so I did execute the app in admin mode, I did delete the OOBE files, uninstall and reinstall the CC app (which again did not work for a couple of times before it finally did). When I opened it I was asked to update it, which I did and again it was stuck in spinning wheel mode. So I repeated all of the above steps except that I did not accept the update. I can now launch the installation of other apps BUT they get stuck in the middle or at the very beginning of the process, a blue message pops up telling me it's taking longer than usual and that they're trying to figure it out but nothing happens... the wheel spins and spins and never stops.

I am very lost and can't find anything that would seem to resolve this problem. Any help, ideas or advice would greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Kevin

TOPICS
Activation , CC FAQ , Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kevin Renaudeau 

Please try to repair C++ file, please open Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features

and you will find Microsoft  Visual C++ files, 2015-2019 , 2013, 2012, select one by one click on change> repair,  . Repair till 2012 and restart the computer and than try to open creative cloud .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, thanks for the quick reply

I did what you said, did not work. I reinstalled creative cloud and now it won't even start, I'm back at the MSCV140.dll problem... which I can't seem to fix now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh and while I was repairing the c++ files for some reason I could not repair the 2015-2022 file, so I reinstalled it...

I tried again repairing them and I'm having the same issue not being able to repair it from the control panel, maybe that's where the problem is coming from..?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Kevin Renaudeau,

Adobe expects users to have the latest software updates, no more than 2 versions back.  Which release version of Windows do you have?

Also please ensure your computer exceeds the minimum system requirements to run Creative Cloud + OS + all other apps you use. Check each one.
- https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Effective July 14, you need to have TLS 1.2 connections enabled in your Win registry otherwise you cannot connect with Adobe servers.  Follow link below for more details.

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/eol-tls-support.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

well I'm all good regarding the specs of my PC I suppose as all my Adobe apps worked perfectly until yesterday...

However I did reinstall Windows today, but it's definitely the latest version as my Windows update is working fine.

I was able to get Creative Cloud desktop to open again, but then again the wheel over the little cloud in the upper right corner is endlessly spinning... I just tried installing photoshop but nothing happens, it's stuck at 0%, waiting for CC to finish updating before I assume.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and my TSL 1.2 are enabled...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest Visual C++ downloads:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads-2647da03-1eea-4433...

Resolve connection errors with Adobe servers:

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

so I followed ALL of the steps indicated in the links you posted, unfortunately the wheel is still spinning and the CC app update process is still sleeping at 0%...

I tried tottaly disabling my firewall but this does not change anything. However the problem might still come from the firewall as in the list of apps I can authorize or block in the firewall list I don't see the CC app or anything from Adobe. It's the only clue I got from these long and complicated manipulations I just did

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh and I followed the steps indicated in the links and everything was ok at each and every one of them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you should reach out to technical support.

CONTACT ADOBE SUPPORT:
================
Online Chat: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
Phone M-F, during normal business hours: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi,

yes that's what I did today, and we spent the whole day on it.. still not fixed.

Thank you for your time and replies

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines