• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Suite 3 Web Premium Stopped Working [CS3 is dead]

Oct 11, 2016 Oct 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I was using the CS-3 in my laptop until 4 days back. But, it suddenly stopped working by prompting me to uninstall and reinstall.

While doing the reinstallation, I was prompted for "Adobepdf.dll" file from Windows Vista CD despite I am using Windows 10 64 bit (upgraded from Windows 7).

Upon cancelling the dialog box and continuing with the installation, the installation completed with many of the applications failed to install.

Please help to resolve this issue.

Thank you,

Yours Sincerely

Jai

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 11, 2016 Oct 11, 2016

Chances are you will not have too much luck getting such an old set of software to install/function properly in the new Windows 10 system.  That is one drawback up upgrading an OS - you sometimes have to leave your old software behind.  Your best bet at trying to get it installed is to install using compatibility mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chances are you will not have too much luck getting such an old set of software to install/function properly in the new Windows 10 system.  That is one drawback up upgrading an OS - you sometimes have to leave your old software behind.  Your best bet at trying to get it installed is to install using compatibility mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your prompt response. Could you please elaborate "how to install using compatibility mode".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2016-10-12 08.18.17.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the error message I received when I open my pdf documents using Acrobat Pro. I will be very happy if my Adobe Acrobat Pro is getting worked as this is the most useful App in the CS-3 for me. Crossing my fingers for some solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue; however, the old laptop is running on Windows 10 and CS# is still working fine on it. I want the CS3 to work in my new laptop, also running on Windows 10; just newer, more memory and larger screen, may anyone help with that?

Nelson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS3 is totatly dead and gone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a strange thing but my CS3 still works! I have no idea why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

An existing install will work... you may not do a new install

The CS2-CS3-CS4 activation servers have been removed from service
-https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite.html?promoid=19SCDRQK
-So even if you have a disc or saved download, CS2-CS3-CS4 are completely dead
-Adobe also no longer supplies the special non-activation version of CS2-CS3-CS4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines