• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS 5.5 install problems on macOS High Sierra

New Here ,
May 27, 2018 May 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have downloaded and cannot install Adobe CS 5.5 on my newly upgraded macOS high sierra 10.13.4. Is CS5.5 compatible? The installer says there are missing files and I have searched the forums with no real answers. Can anyone help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 27, 2018 May 27, 2018

CS6 and earlier programs have not been tested and will not be updated for Mac El Capitan or later operating systems

-which means that you try to use CS6 and earlier at YOUR risk of having problems due to Apple updates

-Apple did not maintain backward compatibility with old programs in El Capitan or Sierra

--Adobe has a workaround to Apple's problem of not maintaining backward compatibility

--READ HERE https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2301916 for an Adobe solution to installing old programs, including

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2018 May 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 and earlier programs have not been tested and will not be updated for Mac El Capitan or later operating systems

-which means that you try to use CS6 and earlier at YOUR risk of having problems due to Apple updates

-Apple did not maintain backward compatibility with old programs in El Capitan or Sierra

--Adobe has a workaround to Apple's problem of not maintaining backward compatibility

--READ HERE https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2301916 for an Adobe solution to installing old programs, including a link to installing the old Java runtime that is required

--Also read for more information https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2458382

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2021 Oct 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had CS5.5 installed on my old Mac Mini up to OSX10.13.x and the only problem I had was getting incompatability messages, but everything still seemed to work.

Alas, I had to upgrade my old HDD to a SSD and reinstalled OSX10.12.6, but when I installed my Adobe CS5.5, I was not able to register the product, or authenticate the softwar getting a "Cannot Connect to server, check you're connected to the internet". I checked and I was. I contacted Adobe support, and they got me to do some connection tests, and all checked out. 

The last email I got back, was them welling me to download CS6 and install that, as CS5.5 is no longer supported. Unfortunately, what they missed to mention, was that my CS5.5 Licence would not authenticate CS6... Not very good advice from their support experts.

I've reached the end of the road, and support have fogged me off to here. My Mac Mini is still a very good machine, and super fast now with an SSD. The OS, all-be-it a little old by Mac standards, is still operational and suitable for all my needs with using my paid Adobe Retails purchased software. I cannot see the justification for paying the cost of their cloud-based service, as that is way out of my budget. Because of these problems, I have been looking at a number of Open Source programs since Adobe don't much care for their customers at the end of the day. I hate how big tech wants us to live in a throw-away society. Like I said, my hardware, and software when the Adobe CS5.5 was working before the SSD Upgrade, so it's a problem with Adobe not wanting to let us to continue to authenticate their older software any more. I'm not impressed with them for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In addition to what @John T Smith said, upgrade your browsers so that TLS 1.2 connections are enabled.

https://help.wheniwork.com/articles/enable-tls-v12-on-your-web-browser/

Also please see How to Resolve Connection Errors below:

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines