• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS 6 Use on 64- Macs

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe CS 6 on my older Mac. The suite applications are 32-bit with the exception of Photoshop being 64-bit. When I tried to open Photoshop on my 64-bit Mac, I can't because Adobe's Application Manager is 32-bit. In other words Photoshop would work if I could open it but I need to open the 32-bit applications manager first, and that no longer works on my Mac.

Is there a work around? Adobe told me no, but I have seen posts about a 64-bit applications manager for download and I haven't been able to find it. I don't use Creative Cloud. I only use the perpetual license version of Adobe software.

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What MacOS are you using? I am not very hopeful that it will work from Catalina onwards as Apple discontinued support for 32 bit applications. Having said that I have seen some folks on the forum reporting that if they upgraded their Mac's instead of doing a fresh install, to Catalina and beyond and the Mac had the application(InDesign, PS) already installed they were able to use it. However, there were even reports of such working installation going kaput suddenly, so there is no reliable method that I could direct you to except using a Mac with the compatible OS version.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using 12.3.1 Monterey. For me the apps went Kaput. I did a chat with Adobe a few hours ago and was told that none of the CS6 apps would work because they are all 32-bit. I am pretty sure that the Photoshop app is 64-bit, but becuase it is part of the suite I can't open it. The reason if I am remembering correctly, is that the software needs to connect back to Adobe using the Applications Manager within the CS suite, which is 32 bit. Its a catch 22. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 will not work on any Mac running Catalina or later. The last OS it could run on was Mojave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

photoshop cs6 was designed to run on macs with

• Multicore Intel processor with 64-bit support
  • Mac OS X v10.6.8 or v10.7. Adobe Creative Suite 3, 4, 5, CS5.5, and CS6 applications support Mac OS X Mountain Lion (v10.8) when installed on Intel-based systems.*

the least expensive and safest way to get your cs6 apps (including ps) to work is to buy an old mac that meets those specs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 and Monterey is not a viable combination. You need to upgrade to CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I paid for the CS6 outright - and I dont want to start paying a monthly fee - is there an option to upgrade without a monthly fee - I cant find a telephopne number to phone and ask Adobe.     

I reas that i can go back to the last operating system before Monteray - is that right do you know.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there an option to upgrade without a monthly fee?

By @Louise2404783191t8

=========

Nope.  Everything except Elements is by subscription only now.  Creative Suite is discontinued and unsupported.

Photoshop Elements or Premier Elements (approx $100, no subscription needed).
https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

Creative Cloud Photography Plan (approx $10/month for 12 months). Includes the following:
- Photoshop CC and Photoshop on iPad
- Lightroom on desktop, mobile and the web
- Lightroom Classic
- Portfolio website + hosting
- Spark with premium features
- Bridge
- 20 GB cloud storage (upgradable to 1 TB).
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html

Creative Cloud All Apps (51 + apps & services) and Single Apps Plans
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

=============
Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer. It's a scam, run away! Real Adobe employees will never reach out via Outlook, Yahoo, Gmail or Skype.
=============
3 Easy Ways to Identify Genuine Adobe Staff
https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can go back to the last operating system before Monteray?

By @Louise2404783191t8

=======

That won't help you.  32-bit software cannot install on 64-bit architecture.  Catalina, Big Sur and Monterey are all 64-bit only.  

Monterey won't allow you to install Mojave, High Sierra or Sierra.  You're stuck.  Unless you can find an old used Mac (no higher than macOS Mojave).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all. For your thoughtful comments. I do still have one of my older Macs with  CS6 installed. I think my best option, at least for now, is to buy a small monitor for it and use Photoshop and InDesign when I need them.

As an FYI, On a regular basis I use Affinity Photo which is comparable to Photoshop and has a one time fee, but it requires a new learning curve. Affinity also has a publish software that is supposed to be comparable to InDesign but after using it I realized the primary output is a PDF, and not an epub document. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think Mac Pages can export to ePub.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines