• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS3 activation

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have read all the threads. My issue is that I paid a lot of money for my licence which I thought was a lifetime subscription - there was nothing in the fine print to say there was an expiry date.  I cannot afford monthly subscriptions, I only need Photoshop occasionally. I also 'used to' recommend the programs to my fellow students. The fact that Adobe may have had announcements, I did not personally get one and I am not on Adobe's blog sites. This is morally wrong, I think Adobe could at the very least have a compensatary offer for those people who have come back to reregister or reinstall the program. I know this will fall on deaf ears and may evoke an unprofessional rude response (as I have seen to other people's frustrations), but disappointing doesn't come near my feeling about this. I feel ripped off and let down, and I would prefer to find other options. Canva here I come.

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @carols93906631,

I do understand thar you feel slighted by this situation. However, do understand Adobe is not the only party involved here. The modern OS's won't support such an old software. Latest MAC OS would not even install CS3 and the latest WIN would also have on and off issues with it. While theoretically speaking it sounds nice to think that the software licenses would last a lifetime but going by other related circumstances it becomes non feasible to the company over time. You can't expect an organisation to spend considerable amount of resources to support such an old software when even the supporting hardware/software has been discontinued/unspported by other organisations as well. This is a rabbit hole, any spending resources and time would not please everyone even if someone tries to go down that path.

However, I do agree with you that communication could have been better to provide you with more options at the right time.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Manan, this does make sense. If this was relayed to me at the time as part of customer service, I would have appreciated that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carol,

We do share the feedback to Adobe through whatever channel we have access to. However, as fellow users this is all we can do. I am hopeful someone would be working on these suggestions dilligently.

Have a nice day.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Others have responded to the nature of getting CS3 working on current operating systems.

You mentioned going to Canva. It may be worth exploring Adobe Creative Cloud Express. It is similar to Canva and is free:

https://www.adobe.com/express/

If you're interested in an image editing tool comparable to Photoshop but without teh cost, you can look at GIMP. It i used by manay as a free Photoshop alternate.

https://www.gimp.org/ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines