• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS3 issues

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2016 Oct 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a press photographer who has spent most of today trying to get this programme to work after it stopped working between press edits.

I am this close to dissing Adobe Photoshop on the web, as I have have uninstalled and reinstalled it 3 times from CD to no avail.

What a joke!

You can't get anyone to answer emails either.  Totally unimpressed...wouldn't mind but bought other Adobe products over the years!

Can someone get this sorted before I tell all my friends exactly what I think of Adobe and their lack of help on this issue

Rowena

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 20, 2016 Oct 20, 2016

Moving this discussion to the Downloading, Installing, Setting Up forum.  My thanks to everyone who has attempted to assist Rowenac in this discussion.  Please feel free to move or refer future discussions of this type to the Downloading, Installing, Setting Up​ forum.  Our community regularly answers download and installation questions for Creative Suite and other perpetual software titles.

Rowenac you mentioned that you were being prompted to insert additional discs during the installation proc

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 19, 2016 Oct 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rowenac, I'm not saying it's exactly your fault, though running ancient software without upgrading is asking for trouble. What I'm saying is that your expectations, that Adobe will now support you in your choice to not upgrade, is not matched by reality. If you upgraded your system without checking your apps were compatible then, yes, it becomes your fault in my view.

Analogies never work very well, but if you had a 10 year old car, and called the car maker about a new problem, how much help would you expect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll have an Adobe Employee look into this. Standby.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been online with them for 1.30 minutes so far today and getting nowhere.  They pass you around and don't read the on-line notes.  I am really angry with their level of service.  It is so poor.  Shame you can't find this out before you buy a product.

I really appreciate your help gener7.  You are the one who has really helped so far.  They are recommending that I go the Forum...this is their technical department! How crass is that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Well, the forums can try and find something that works. Support won't even touch CS6, they honestly have their hands full with CC customers.

There isn't anything crass about it...I don't think any software or hardware maker would offer support on something they released in 2007.  Apple Computer does the same with OSX. If you can't get anywhere, maybe a used Macbook running an earlier version of OSX would take CS3.

I hope the Employee I called will be contacting you soon.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On another note, If you successfully ran  and completed the License Repair Script, CS3 should open unless you uninstalled it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gene

I had to uninstall it yesterday just to put a trial version of CC on it so that I could edit a premiere last night, and a bigger premiere tonight.Still not resolved with their tech department as I waited over 1.5 hours to get through to someone in tech, and then when I was put in touch with him I had to leave to cover the premiere.

I have two big shoots tomorrow so will have to wait until Friday afternoon now to speak to him.  Will let you know what he says. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the repair script yesterday and it didn't work as licence message came up again I am afraid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange, I don't know what might be blocking it. Usually the license breaks when restoring from backup to another Mac instead of a fresh install.

That's why Adobe provided an in place repair script.

Here is a set of clean uninstall instructions for the Mac I have copied. Replace CC with CS and ignore what is not relevant.

Follow below Steps: 

1) Trash Adobe apps from Applications .

2) Trash below mentioned folders from Applications > Utilities.

* Adobe Creative Cloud

* Adobe Application Manager

* Adobe Utilities.

* Adobe Installers.

3) Trash Adobe folders from below locations.

Adobe folders will be present inside Application Support folder.

~/Library/Application Support/    [ User Library ]

1) Right click on Finder icon and  select "Go-To" Folder option.
  2) You will get a text box, type-in below command and then hit 'Return' key.( " Do not miss ~ symbol " )

~/library

It will open User Library folder.

3)Then navigate to Application Support.

Open Application Support folder and rename/trash Adobe folder.

/Library/Application Support/      [ System Library ]

1) Right click on Finder icon and  select "Go-To" Folder option.
  2) You will get a text box, type-in below command and then hit 'Return' key.

/library

It will open System Library folder.

3)Then navigate to Application Support.

Open Application Support folder and rename/trash Adobe folder.

Then Run Adobe Cleaner tool and select Clean All option .

http://download.macromedia.com/SupportTools/Cleaner/mac/AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.dmg

Then reinstall Adobe Creative Cloud app and try to install CC apps again and check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2016 Oct 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rowena,

I am Rajashree, I can certainly check the validity & activation count of the CS3 serial number. Unfortunately under the Adobe ID with which you are logged in has only LR6 standalone version serial number, please share the CS3 serial number by personal message, I shall also check if other Adobe support engineers can throw some light in this.

Regards

Rajashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2016 Oct 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Moving this discussion to the Downloading, Installing, Setting Up forum.  My thanks to everyone who has attempted to assist Rowenac in this discussion.  Please feel free to move or refer future discussions of this type to the Downloading, Installing, Setting Up​ forum.  Our community regularly answers download and installation questions for Creative Suite and other perpetual software titles.

Rowenac you mentioned that you were being prompted to insert additional discs during the installation process.  If you have a retail installation license then you can download a fresh copy of the installation files at Download Adobe Creative Suite 3 products .

If you continue to receive installation errors then can you post any specific errors you discover to this discussion.  The installation errors will be contained within the installation log files.  For details on how to locate and interpret the installation log files see Troubleshoot installation with install logs | Adobe Creative Suite 3, Adobe Creative Suite 4​.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines