Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS3 Versions that don't require activation [LOCKED CS3 is dead]

Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Last week, a user on another forum told informed me that I could swap my CS3 licenses/serial numbers for CS3 versions that don't require the activation servers which are long gone.  Being busy with work at the time, I bookmarked the page so I could come back to it later.  I have a number of CS3 apps so I needed time to look up all the serial numbers as well.  Finally got the time today and now I cannot find the page.  The bookmarked link just redirects to a generic help page.

Cannot seem to find a way to contact customer service either--all the links just redirect me to help pages that don't actually provide much in the way of help for anything other than Creative Cloud.  Even the web chat options appear to be gone.  No eMail contact addresses either.  So, I guess my only option is to ask here.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Activation , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

Sorry to say you missed your chance to get it and now it's gone forever.  CS3 and Acrobat 8 are officially dead.  Customer Care cannot help you with 13 year old software.  It's too old and way beyond its support date.

You can replace CS3 with a month-to-month or annual subscription to Creative Cloud.  The good news is, CC software installs on  modern Win or Mac operating systems and includes free upgrades for as long as you remain a subscriber. 

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't work for Adobe.  I'm a forum volunteer and product user like you. Adobe staff are on holiday until after the new year.  I understand how you feel but I don't think you should expect a reply to this because it's not up for debate.  The EULA says it all. The English version begins on page 419.

https://www.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/legal/licenses-terms/pdf/CS3.pdf

Adobe owns the software.  Your limited and non-exclusive license to use Creative Suite was entirely at Adobe's discretion.  You got 12+ years of usage from it.  Assuming you don't need to re-install,  you could potentially get another 12 years of usage from it.  Just don't ever upgrade your computer or OS again as re-installation is no longer possible.

Good luck and have a happy 2020!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so fortunate to install CS3 in my pc years ago. I use it no more than 5 times a year and if you are like me, we don't want to pay for monthly fee and new compatible Mac to run Adobe CC. You don't try to wake up the dead, CS3 server is gone. Any hacks to install CS3 you found online or youtube is the risk to open your data to hackers. Alternatively, if you are on low budget, Procreate is $15. Clip Studio is $50. But if you buy a new Wacom Intuos pen tablet for $50 at bestbuy, it includes free clip studio and Corel photo editing standard versions of both for good. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to open PCD files on a CD.  I am told that CS2 or CS3 can open it.  After reading this thread, I am wondering how I will ever access my files?  I tried an online conversion program but it reduced the size of the files so much that they are unusable for my purposes.  I read that Corel PaintShop Pro can open a PCD file but not sure if I need a specific version. 

I see some CS3 software for sale on eBay.  I supose they must include the new serial number that does not need validating by Adobe? 

BTW, I am still using Photoshop 5.5 that I paid $500 for that came out in 1999.  It has lost some functionality since I upgraded to Windows 10 but it is still usable.

I am not sure I understand how wordpress.org is a substitute for CS3.  I have two wordpress websites and prepare my images in Adope PS.  Wordpress is not an image prep site. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>I see some CS3 software for sale on eBay.  I supose they must include the new serial number that does not need validating by Adobe?

Not legal... the special version is ONLY for the original owner, not to be sold

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PCD is an obsolete Kodak picture file format.  You won't find much in the way of modern software that can support it because  Kodak killed the PCD library years ago.

Use PCDMagic to convert old files to JPG.  I think there is one for Windows as well as Mac.

CS1, CS2 and Cs3 are all officially dead & gone.  Even if you could install, there is no possible way to activate the software.  

eBay is a den of thieves and possibly the worst place on Earth for software.  Don't go there.  Pirates and scammers will say anything to get your money.  It's not worth the risks to you or your computer.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines