• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS4 Re-install

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2011 Dec 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to re-install CS4 (upgrade purchase in 2008) on a new computer with PSE 9 on machine. CS4 asks for serial number of a product that has been disposed of (PSE 7). What kind of crap programming is this and how do I install it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By placing the serial number asked for in to the dialog box. If you do not have the serial number, if registered it will be in your account on adobe.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, it might be asking for a Photoshop or other CS Suite serial number if your CS 4 was an upgrade from previous software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's asking me for a Photshop Elements upgrade serial number but ends in menu selection at PSE 7! I still have my # 8 and # 9 disks. That's just BS! Why can't it read what's on the computer? Besides-the installation program had to tell me to close the PSE program so it could load to the prompt for the serial number. Simply bullshit programming!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 04, 2011 Dec 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand your difficulties correctly your installation for Creative Suite 4 is requesting a qualifying serial number for Photoshop Elements 7 which you no longer have available to you is this correct?

Is it possible you registered the software under a different e-mail address?  If the software is registered then the serial number will be available at www.adobe.com.  Otherwise if you need a replacement serial number we would need to review a proof of purchase for Photoshop Elements 7 in order to provide the replacement serial number to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2011 Dec 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff-

That's BS. As for another email address, I wouldn't have a clue as this is the one that I've been using for as long as I can remember. None of my PS Elements or my Lightroom 3 shows on my Adobe page-all duely registered. I don't keep receipts from 4-5 years ago-especially applications that I routinely upgrade with purchases at Costco at Christmas time (i.e. PSE 10 just fielded.). I registered my CS4 after installation also, which I wouldn't have been able to do unless the installer found a compatible program to upgrade from. There has to be a way to install CS4 without another $300+ upgrade .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2011 Dec 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sent Grif80128 a private message to allow me to look into his account more closely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of my buys of PSE at Costco...duly registered with Adobe...are on my Adobe account. It was installed on the old dead computer for a couple of years. My upgrade purchase of CS4 is on my account. Like I said...POS programming.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines