• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS5 Master Collection compatibility with Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2015 Jun 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At home, I use CS5 Master Collection on a Windows 7 Professional  64bit PC. I received an offer from Microsoft to freely upgrade my system to Windows 10 Professional at the end of July. Will my CS5 Master Collection work, or have any problems in Windows 10? I understand from Microsoft no applications have to be reinstalled in this upgrade, like one would have to do if installing an OS from a disk, and they say all applications currently installed, will still be so, after the upgrade. Is there anything I need to do before this upgrade, to facilitate a smooth transition to Windows 10 Professional? I despise cloud products(subscription based software) and will not be using or upgrading to any CC products.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 04, 2015 Jun 04, 2015

John, CS 5 is now end of life and we have limited resources to offer, also it was never tested on windows 10. Kindly check the Adobe - Creative Suite 5 Master Collection : System requirements.

If you wish to upgrade to latest version you can refer: Creative Cloud pricing and membership plans | Adobe Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2015 Dec 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I was also offered a free upgrade from Windows 7 64bit to Windows10...

I hesitated long time seen the different reactions and experiences...but 2 weeks ago I took the risk and installed Windows10.

Adobe CS5.5 and all related Programms such as PRODAD are working just FINE!

Not one single problem I encountered....

Also created 3 days ago a BluRay disk with Adobe CS5 - Adobe Encore CS5.1....

I also realised that my computer is a bit faster than before....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2015 Dec 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still didn't upgrade to Windows 10 as for the reactions above and therefore my doubt and fear that my Adobe CS5 won't work....However, the last comment gives me hope...

At a side note : I find it 'not done' from Adobe that they oblige people who consider this update to Windows 10 to subscribe to the CC version online.  Not everybody using their software has a company or enough money to pay this. I've bought Creative Suite 5 a few years ago because I like working with Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign (Dreamweaver and Fireworks sometimes). I make things for my friends, family and all for free...There's one guy who asks a flyer or a folder each year which I charge...Maybe I earn 300 euro per year with that...If I have to pay 60 euro  per month for the CC version, It will cost me a lot more and I can't afford that. I hoped with my bought CS5 version to continue many many years without investing again a lot of money. If one day my CS5 isn't compatible anymore, it will stop for me...which I will regret...It's not because I'm not a pro that I don't like working with their software.

Adobe counts on professionals and companies but excludes this way a lot of people. Really a shame ! I hope they will come up with physical versions again which can be bought or upgraded without being stuck with the monthly fees...

Greetz from Bollendorf, Germany
Solange

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2016 Feb 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i totally agree....if i were to quit doing my small business i would still want these programs for hobbies! How do hobbyists do this?? its awful and i absolutely cannot believe it. I have talked to several of my vendors and they have started using other programs. They are doing everything possible to avoid monthly subscriptions. I think we all feel, how do we increase profits when our expenses keep going up! Not good thought process on Adobe's part! And even i were to pay $50 a month for the next 10 years then still when i quit doing this, then i still own NOTHING! that's the crazy part to me...how do you spend this kind of money and still not have access to the software when you want to discontinue the subscription??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 05, 2016 Jan 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I for one would not even THINK about running CS5 on Win 10.  I would get a tricked-out Win 7 machine with about 32 GB RAM and use it as a legacy machine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2016 Jan 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And still.....Adobe CS5.5 with Win 10 works perfectly on my computer...

Already created 2 BluRay discs....

I do not use camera Raw...

The CS5.5 updates are stored on a separate disc...so always on hands if needed...

By the way...I only have official purchased software with licence keys....(ADOBE and PRODAD...for those who knows PRODAD...)

May be cheap from the internet downloaded Programms could cause problems....who knows....

I would not go back to WIN 7 my dear Mr. Dave LaRonde....., unless you have those cheap internet downloaded Programms.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2016 Jan 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

I'm just curious. I'm running Windows 10 with CS5 and I notice that when I jump from Premiere App to another App like email or calendar, there is a long cursor delay when I get back to Premiere. Do you get that as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2016 Jul 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I just purchased an HP "ENVY" PC, and my Creative Suite 5.5 Illustrator program keeps crashing when I try to export jpgs for websites, etc. Is there a way I can "trick out" my computer to act more like a Windows 7 OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2016 Jun 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Due to family illness and life in general, my copy of CS5 and the computer to run it (with Windows 7 Pro) sat around for a few years.
When I fired up the machine it told me my copy of Win7 was not legal. That seems to be a bug of Microsofts, a bug that took several days to remedy, and part of that remedy was to install Win10 (after much constant nagging)
So now I suppose it's my bad that CS5 is having trouble installing.... fu*k.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I search this issue I land on this thread and check to see if anyone has said anything new.  So I think it is still relevant because it's the top hit for this issue. 

I read through this thread this time last year and decided to take advantage of the free windows 10 upgrade offer, hoping that my CS5 apps would carry over through the upgrade and they did. Everything has been working fine for a year and I use multiple apps (Ps, Ai, Id, Fl, Dw) several times a day. So I will say that at least in my experience, the upgrade process works. 

Last week I was having some problems with my computer (crashes), buddy thinks it's the hard drive. I decided to do a clean install of Windows 10, planning to finally bite the bullet and subscribe to Adobe CC. When I saw that Windows 10 had a "Creators Update" I thought "I'm a creator, I'll try that!" I also thought, "Hey, maybe they even allow a CS5 install??"  So I downloaded CS5 Design Premium from the Adobe website and it successfully installed! I used Ai all that day.

Unfortunately, my hard drive issue was more persistent and I had to take the computer in for service today due to multiple crashes.

You might be thinking that CS5 was the cause of the crashes, and that MAY be the case, but the crashing was happening before the clean install of windows 10.

Anyways, I hope this helps and maybe some other people could try installing CS5 on Windows 10 again before and after the Creators Update to see what the difference might be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines