• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS5 UPDATE FAILS: There was an error downloading this update

New Here ,
May 03, 2014 May 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted the Adobe support and they claim that CS5 is too old and I cannot get any help from them.

Below is all I get from Adobe Application Manager:

---------------

Adobe Bridge CS5 4.0.5 Update

There was an error downloading this update. Please quit and try again later.

Adobe Extension Manager CS5 5.0 Update

Adobe Illustrator CS5 15.0.2 Update

Adobe Pixel Bender Toolkit 2.5 Update

Dreamweaver CS5 11.0.4 Updater

Fireworks CS5 11.0.2 Update

Photoshop 12.0.4 update for Photoshop CS5

Photoshop Camera Raw 6.7 Update

-----------

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Locking this discussion.

Please see Installing Creative Suite on macOS 10.12 (Sierra) which discusses a workaround to allow Creative Suite titles to be installed on macOS Sierra.

If you continue to face difficulties then please start a new discussion in the Downloading, Installing, Setting Up forums at Downloading, Installing, Setting Up

Votes

Translate

Translate
Apr 06, 2016 Apr 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2016 Oct 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for this information - it worked!!! I have spent hours looking for a solution for this issue.

I really appreciate your help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2014 Sep 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For info. I was having the same issues, however, when i came across Qfan's post saying that "..... Adobe support and they claim that CS5 is too old and I cannot get any help from them", it reminded me that we used to keep Arcobat 7 'alive' after re-installs by resetting the system time. So I've just set my system data to Sept. 2011 re-tried the updater & sure enough all updates installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2014 Oct 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant: resetting the system clock to 1st September 2011 worked.

Replaced my hard drive & reinstalled CS5 from original disk but had the same problem with updating as outlined above. Started manual downloads and installing patch by patch but when there was no English version of Photoshop 12.0.4 it tried this trick and bingo. Also installed the Pixel Bender for Flash app that I hadn't yet found.

Thanks, wish I'd saved some time and done it from the start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2015 Apr 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remarkable, I also used the system clock method in the end.

No support - Not fixing bugs/adding features is one thing and I'm fine with that. However making the updater not work feels rather nasty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2014 Nov 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting the clock worked for me too, but I've noticed since that when creating droplets, the creation date is being set at the 2011 date I used to get the updater to work. The droplets work ok, but have a generic icon instead of the proper ps one. Any ideas how to resolve this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 13, 2015 Mar 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks nathaniel..it worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2015 Apr 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!
I experienced the same problem when I bought a new PC and wanted to transfer CS5 - English from the old to the new PC.

Installation of the original software: no problem, but updates: nogo!
To cut a long story short, here's what I did: I copied the list of error messages and pasted each seperate item in Google.

I seem to have found all the updates and managed to install them.

To make it easy on you, here's a list:

Adobe Bridge CS5 4.0.5-update: Adobe - Bridge : For Windows : Adobe Bridge CS5 4.0.5 Update : Thank You

Adobe Extension Manager CS5 5.0-update: Adobe Extension Manager Updates Downloads

Adobe Illustrator CS5 15.0.2-update: Adobe - Illustrator : For Windows : Adobe Illustrator 15.0.2 Update - All Languages : Thank You

Adobe® InDesign® CS5 7.0.4-update: Adobe - InDesign : For Windows : Adobe InDesign CS5 7.0.4 update - all languages

Dreamweaver CS5 11.0.4 Updater: Adobe - Dreamweaver Support Center : Updaters

(a list for all Dreamweaver versions: Adobe - Dreamweaver Support Center : Updaters)

Fireworks CS5 11.0.2-update: Adobe - Fireworks Support Center : Downloads : Updaters

Photoshop 12.0.4-update voor Photoshop CS5: Adobe - Photoshop : For Windows : Adobe Photoshop 12.0.4 update for Adobe Photoshop CS5 : Thank You

Photoshop Camera Raw 6.7-update: Adobe - Photoshop : For Windows : Camera Raw 6.7 Update : Thank You

Update voor Adobe Pixel Bender-toolkit 2.5: Pixel Bender Developer Center archive | Adobe Developer Connection

I hope this works for you as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2017 Mar 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Christan,

I note who you no problem in downloading CS5 - English from an old computer to a new PC, but updates did not work at the beginning. My problem is failing to install my legal copy of PS CS5 (2016) to a new computer. The software attempts to install, but comes back with three errors and two warnings. Adobe chatline recognized my serial number as legitimate, but will not support CS5! The errors and warnings are as follows:

WARNING: 1 ARKServiceControl::StartService: Service not started/stopped SwitchBoard. Current State: 0 Exit Code: 0 Service Specific Exit Code: 0

WARNING: Payload cannot be installed due to dependent operation failure

ERROR: The following payload errors were found during install:

ERROR:  - Adobe Photoshop CS5 Core_x64: Failed due to Language Pack installation failure

ERROR:  - Adobe Photoshop CS5 International English Language Pack_x64_AdobePhotoshop12-en_GB_x64: Install failed

FATAL ERROR: Cannot create extract assets at 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\adobeTemp\{667C8B6C-3EAF-4646-A8EC-D85CCC4D3D84}' from zip file 'C:\Users\kenki\Desktop\Adobe CS5\Photoshop\Adobe CS5\payloads\AdobePhotoshop12-Core_x64\Assets1_1.zip'. Error 0

Can you offer any advice Christan or perhaps someone else who has already mastered the problem might assist me?

Best wishes,

Ken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2015 May 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great job natewinck!!! While chatting with customer service I was reading this post. CS advised:

"You will need to refer Adobe forums and post your queries in Adobe forums so that our technical experts will view your post and reply back with the resolution."

I simply replied back with the link to this page with instructions to "scroll to the center and notice natewinck". Didn't get a response to that.

Downloaded App Man and updates worked. No CC to uninstall, anywhere. AWESOME!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2015 May 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All product update files, for both Windows and MAC, may be individually downloaded from here:

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates.html#all-products

For my re-installation of CS5 Master Collection, after toasting a laptop (safe mode with networking allowed me to deactivate the license), I've provided the error messages and the URLs [For Windows] that I used to download each update.  If you're on a MAC, the URL above will help you to locate updates for your platform.

All updates all were successful for my Windows 8.1 system; EXCEPT, for the Pixel Bender toolkit 2.5; and, that's ONLY because

I chose not to install the update.  I've provided links on updating Pixel Bender toolkit 2.5.

Adobe After Effects CS5 10.0.2 Update

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=13&platform=Windows

Adobe Bridge CS5 4.0.5 Update

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=108&platform=Windows

Adobe Extension Manager CS5 5.0 Update

http://www.adobe.com/exchange/em_updates/#emcs5

Adobe Illustrator CS5 15.0.2 Update

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=27&platform=Windows

Adobe Pixel Bender Toolkit 2.5 Update

INSTALLATION AND SETUP:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/archive/pixelbender/articles/releasenotes.html#articlecontentAdobe_numbe...

RELATED LINKS:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/archive/pixelbender/articles/releasenotes.html

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/archive/pixelbender.html

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/developer/pixelbender/pixelbender_2.1_installer_fix_readme.pdf

Adobe® InDesign® CS5 7.0.4 update

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=31&platform=Windows

Dreamweaver CS5 11.0.4 Updater

http://www.adobe.com/support/dreamweaver/downloads_updaters.html

Fireworks CS5 11.0.2 Update

http://www.adobe.com/support/fireworks/downloads_updaters.html

Photoshop 12.0.4 update for Photoshop CS5

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=39&platform=Windows

Photoshop Camera Raw 6.7 Update

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5373

Note: the Camera Raw update is linked from the PhotoShop update page

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2015 Oct 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Natewink's solution worked for me. Download latest Adobe Application Manager and try update again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 15, 2016 Jan 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

application manager does not work. it also fails to initialize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2016 Jan 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I am having this exact update problem since a few days and I am now running out of time...

According what you all said above, I tried :

- Updating the Adobe App Manager and trying to reinstall updates. It worked only for a few of them.

- Changing the clock hour and date to sept 2011. I did it, launched again the AAM but it didn't work (is it the good process ?)

- I downloaded some updates manually from adobe website. Some are plugings, others are .dmg. When I open one of this files, either there is no instal process (for the .dmg, I don't know how to run the install) or it says it is corrupted (for the pluging)

I am working on CS5 and I really need to make it works now...

Please help

Thank you a lot

Adobe Player for Embedding 3.1

Une erreur s'est produite lors du téléchargement de cette mise à jour. Quittez et réessayez ultérieurement. Code d’erreur : U43M1D207

Adobe Media Encoder CS5 5.0.1

Une erreur s'est produite lors du téléchargement de cette mise à jour. Quittez et réessayez ultérieurement. Code d’erreur : U43M1D207

Panneaux Adobe XMP CS5

Mise à jour des services CS Live pour CS5

Adobe Device Central CS5.0.1

Mise à niveau de Adobe Illustrator CS5 15.0.2

Mise à jour d'ExtendScript Toolkit 3.5.1

Capture d’écran 2016-01-07 à 13.59.10.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive had the SAME problems even when cs5 was new. and never got any help for this problem. so no updates ever, and never able to fix the bugs in CS5 color picker etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oky dokey been natewink and untinstalling the cloud installer among other things the IN app updater finally works again. so in fireworks you can update your app if you get rid of any conflicts. its taken me years to get this fixed.

the application manager will probably never work again. it has not worked since I tired CS6 susbscriptions even though all of that is deleted. it was deleted and reinstalled. oh well. at least the inapp is now working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2016 Jan 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Natewink's solution worked for me. Thanks!

However, I was still having problems updating the Pixel Bender Toolkit to 2.5.  Turns out this is a known issue with a hotfix. I did this and it worked.

Just thought I'd add that in case anyone else was still having a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2016 Apr 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For all issues with updates:

Doanload all update files manually.

i.e. for MAC Photoshop CS5 Adobe - Photoshop : For Macintosh : Adobe Photoshop 12.0.4 update for Adobe Photoshop CS5 : Thank Yo...

Then before installation make sure you do this:

1.jpg

2.jpg

Then install updates from files

BEst

Maciek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the problem lies with your installed version of the update manager.  The problem is that the installed manager seems to be unable to update itself, and hence cannot update other parts of CS5.  My solution was to update the manger with the CC version from the download page: Other downloads. After installing that version, I was able to update other elements of CS5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nates suggestion saved the day. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2017 Jun 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here- I could not update CS5 after I installed it on my new laptop with Sierra. I found a laborious solution, but it is now working.

Natewink's solution partially worked for me. I updated the adobe application manager as he described, but it did not update photoshop, bridge, or illustrator, and many of their individual components.

I used the updater in photoshop to check what still needed to be updated. I then individually downloaded each application updater that had not installed from here Adobe software and product updates..

Sierra will not allow any of the updates as noted in the original post. I found a work around solution here. I used it to install each individual update and now everything is updated.

Fix - Can't Install Photoshop CS5 on macOS Sierra (Also CS4 & CS6) - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update Beth Coller.  For future viewers of this discussion see Installing Creative Suite on macOS 10.12 (Sierra) where this workaround is discussed for Creative Suite 6, 5.5, 5., and 4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find Natewink's answer anywhere in this string.  Can you post it or send it to me?

Thanks,

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is Natewink's original post-

Thought I'd chime in here. I had the exact same problem, but I didn't want to go through the hassle of downloading everything manually.  What I did was update the Adobe Application Manager from the download page: Other downloads. Once it downloaded, it decided to install the Creative Cloud application which I promptly uninstalled.  After that, I just ran the update from Photoshop CS5 and it opened the updated version of Adobe Application Manager and now it's installing updates just fine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Locking this discussion.

Please see Installing Creative Suite on macOS 10.12 (Sierra) which discusses a workaround to allow Creative Suite titles to be installed on macOS Sierra.

If you continue to face difficulties then please start a new discussion in the Downloading, Installing, Setting Up forums at Downloading, Installing, Setting Up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines