• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 Activation Issue after Motherboard Change

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I recently had to replace my motherboard, and now my CS6 Desing and Web Premium installation tells me that my trial will expire in 29 days. The license key I have does not successfully activate it, as after I open Photoshop again, it says that "The serialnumber __ is already in use by the maximum allowed computers. You need to deactivate another computer within 29 days to use this product." When I try to view the products on my account, none are showing up, and it shows no activated devices either. (I tried looking to see if the license is under a different email, but it does not appear to be under any others.) Trying to enter the serial number in the Products results in it saying that "This serial number is already in use." All of my hard drives remained the same, including the one where the OS is installed, and Windows successfully activated / continued to fully work after the motherboard change. Windows did automatically upgrade to Window 11, but I tried reverting to Windows 10 and it still does the same thing. Is there a solution to this? Maybe there is a way to deactivate the current computer associated with the serial number so that I can reactivate it on the computer again with the new motherboard? Currently, it appears to still be working on my secondary computer, but just not this one. Anand from Adobe Chat Support asked me to post here with the issue. I showed them another post from the Adobe Community of a similar issue (which said to contact Adobe chat support to have the computer deactivated), but they said that I still needed to post here, so I am hoping that an Adobe support member from the necessary team will be able to help. Any help is appreciated, as I need these programs to do my work.

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

new hardware/motherboard = new computer (to adobe).

you can check your account (if you recall your cs6 username) and reset there, https://account.adobe.com

the only other reset option is to contact adobe support and request an "activation count reset".

request nothing else related to cs6 or you'll likely be sent back here where we cannot help you reset your activation count.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines