Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 Adobe Design Std activation on new computer

Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have gotten a new computer, there is replacing the old one where CS6 Adobe Design Std was installed and activated on before. I then want to install CS6 Adobe Design Std on the new computer, but it will not activate, here is my progress.

1. Downloaded the installer from my Adobe account, where I have the serial number registered
  2. When download is finished, do I start the installation, where I select to activate with serial number
  3. Typed in the serial number as seen in Adobe account, but when trying to activate it says the "The filled in serial number is invalid. Try again. If problem persist contact customer support" as seen in the foto(Sorry it's in Danish, translatede the message the best I could)
  4. I then on 13. december contacted Support, where I was asked about my process, where they then told me to remember to deactiavte on the old device. I then did that, waited about 30 minttes and tried activate again, still no success.
  5. I then wrote back and forth with support, where we then came up with the ideer to login with my adobe account instead of activating with serial number, that got the software to install. When installation completed and tried to open an adobe program, was it still not activated (Only trial).
  6. Support then said they will increase the device licens count and write when done.
  7. They wrote the next day, where I tried to activate, still same issue.
  8. Contacted support again 2. january. because had other urgent matters. I then informed them, that is was still the same. We then wrote back and forth, where the chat ended in the middel and started a new one, where this person, informed me that I was not able to get more support and should write this post and hope for a solition 😞

Hope any of you can help me as I need the program to do my work proberly. I have written the case numbers I had with Adobe here below, if that helps.

• ADB-27272518-Y2M2
  • ADB-27486740-K7Q6
  • ADB-27486388-L4X7
TOPICS
Activation , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

for other non-danish readers, that's an invalid serial number message.

assuming you're using a valid adobe serial number (6 groups of 4 numbers), you have a mismatch between your installation file and serial number. ie, you can have a valid serial number, but if it's for program A and your installation file is for program B, you will see an invalid serial number message.

common mismatches are language/region (eg, serial number is for western europe and installation file is eastern europe), p

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

An invalid serial has nothing to do with the activation count. An invalid serial number indicates that you are using the wrong installer, if you are sure to use the correct serial number. Example: Using the Master Collection installer to install a Design Standard. Even if you only install the Design Standard included programs, the serial will be invalid. The same happens also when doing the contrary. You also need to have the correct serial number for the language. A German or French installer c

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

The Reason was the that I had downloaded the installere with the wrong langauge pack from Adobe, is now working and is now been registered, so this will not happen again.

Thanks for all the help 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see here: Seriennummer ungültig - Adobe Support Community - 12171048

This is a public forum, not Adobe support. Users, including the ACPs and MVPs, can't provide support for account, subscription, billing, download, or product activation issues. Support for those issues requires an Adobe employee.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what is the message your see after entering your serial number and clicking activate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then I get the error as seen in the picture attached.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for other non-danish readers, that's an invalid serial number message.

assuming you're using a valid adobe serial number (6 groups of 4 numbers), you have a mismatch between your installation file and serial number. ie, you can have a valid serial number, but if it's for program A and your installation file is for program B, you will see an invalid serial number message.

common mismatches are language/region (eg, serial number is for western europe and installation file is eastern europe), platform (eg, serial number is for a mac and installation file is win), license type (eg, education vs enterprise vs individual). and one of the most common is using a program installation file with a suite's serial number. eg, using a cs6 suite serial number with a photoshop cs6 installation file. that won't work even though photoshop is included in that suite.

you must use the (correct) suite's installation file (and you can choose to only install one program from the suite). here's official info about that error, http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-serial-number-valid-product.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Reason was the that I had downloaded the installere with the wrong langauge pack from Adobe, is now working and is now been registered, so this will not happen again.

Thanks for all the help 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An invalid serial has nothing to do with the activation count. An invalid serial number indicates that you are using the wrong installer, if you are sure to use the correct serial number. Example: Using the Master Collection installer to install a Design Standard. Even if you only install the Design Standard included programs, the serial will be invalid. The same happens also when doing the contrary. You also need to have the correct serial number for the language. A German or French installer cannot be used against an English serial number.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which operating system does your new computer have?

Windows software cannot be installed on a Mac and vice versa.  The serial numbers are different and Adobe does not offer platform/language exchanges for discontinued software. 

CS6 is 11 years old & unsupported.  It will not run on Mac Catalina, Big Sur, Monterey or Ventura due to its age. 

Have you given any thought to replacing your outdated software with new software that's compatible with modern equipment and operating systems?

MODERN OPTIONS:
Photoshop Elements or Premiere Elements (no subscription needed).
https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

Creative Cloud Photography Plan (approx USD $10/month for 12 months). Includes the following:

• Photoshop CC and Photoshop on iPad
  • Camera Raw
  • Lightroom on desktop, mobile and the web
  • Lightroom Classic
  • Portfolio website + hosting
  • Adobe Express (free starter plan)
  • Bridge
  • 20 GB cloud storage (upgradable to 1 TB).
  • Free upgrades for paid subscribers

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html

Premium Adobe Express ($10/month).

• Adobe Express app (web and mobile)
  • Premiere Rush (video editing on desktop and mobile)
  • Photoshop Express (mobile)
  • Spark Video (mobile)
  • Spark Page (mobile)
  • Adobe Portfolio + hosting
  • 100 GB of cloud storage
  • All premium templates and design assets including the collection of over 160 million royalty-free Adobe Stock photo collection.

https://helpx.adobe.com/express/using/express-overview.html

Creative Cloud All Apps (51 + pro apps & services) and Single App Plans
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2024 Mar 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having roughly the same problem.  Have been using CS6 on my computer for years.  Exactly what I need.  No need to buy new version.  Built a new computer and wanted to move my CS6 to the new computer.  Was able to install CS6 just fine except when loading it said I had used up all of my licenses.  Deacative the old computer.  I did that days ago.  When I start a CS6 program on the new computer I am still getting the deactivate message.  Contacted Adobe and was told this was an old and unsupported program.  They did tell me that CS6 did not deactivate on the old computer.  They couldn't clear my devices so I could start over.  I have already uninstalled CS6 from the old computer but before I did, when I tried to open a CS6 program it was like it was brand new.  Wanted the serial number.  Also the deactivate button was disabled suggesting that there was nothing to deactivate.  I have 21 days on my "trial" to fix this.  Any help would be great.  Like I said, I have no need to upgrade to a new Adobe Cloud product.  My CS6 works (or should I say worked) fine for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, you use 12+ year old, discontinued & unsupported software entirely at your OWN RISK.  It might work or it might not.

No guarantees.

Find your serial number that came with your disks or downloads. If it was registered, it might be in your online account.   Hopefully the activation servers are still operating so you can activate the software before your Trial expires.

Log-in to your account below.

https://acccount.adobe.com/

PLAN B ~ MODERN REPLACEMENT OPTIONS:
Photoshop Elements or Premiere Elements (no subscription needed).
https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

Creative Cloud Photography Plan (approx $10/month for 12 months). Includes the following:

• Photoshop CC and Photoshop on iPad
  • Camera Raw
  • Lightroom on desktop, mobile and the web
  • Lightroom Classic
  • Portfolio website + hosting
  • Adobe Express (free starter plan)
  • Bridge
  • 20 GB cloud storage (upgradable to 1 TB).
  • Free upgrades for paid subscribers

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html

Premium Adobe Express ($10/month). Mobile & web-based graphics & video apps for social media content creators.
https://helpx.adobe.com/express/using/express-overview.html

Creative Cloud Apps (20 + pro apps & services) and Single App Plans
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

Good luck!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

your only two options are to

1. use the computers (if they exist and still run) with the activations and open an app > click help > deactivate (which is not an option for you)

2. if you purchased from or registered with adobe AND recall the user id used when purchasing/registering, go to your account (https://account.adobe.com) and click plans and payment > activated devices > deactivate from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines