• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 and Win 11 Install Issues with PxHIpa64.sys

Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen some similar posts but nothing that has exactly what I have and the full solution so I'm trying again.  I know CS6 is old and outdated but I use Bridge/Camera Raw and Photoshop for casual photo editing.  

I have a brand new Dell PC running Windows 11 Pro.  When I attempt to do a full install I get issues with PxHIpa64.sys or Px Engine Device Driver for 64-bit Windows Rovi Corporation.  The later issue I resolved by not installing Adobe Flash Builder.  

Do I need to just install using admin privileges?  Or, do I also need to take memory integrity off while I do the install?  Can I turn it back on after?  If I just install PS6, Bridge and InDesign will that remove this driver requirement?  

Thanks!

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Okay. I FINALLY figured it out.  Apparently some install files from the "bad" installs were hanging around in the registry file.  Once I went in and manually delete all the adobe entries it worked great using compatibility and as admin.  I'm up and running.  Phew.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two ideas that MAY work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10 or Windows 11
-RIGHT click the program icon or EXE and select a compatibility mode in the pop up option window
-and/or select Run as Administrator to assign FULL Windows permissions
-also https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/create-local-administrator-account-windows.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use compatibility mode (win 7) for installer and running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using either compatibility mode or run as admin gives me the following error now:  Installer failed to Initialize.  Please download Adobe Suppor Advisor to detect the problem.  I tried that but it comes up with nothing anymore.  I have the full file folder on my desktop.  Its weird to me that all of a sudden I can't do an install of any type now - not even not using compatibility or admin rights.  Uh oh...I'm regressing instead of progressing.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I do have a log file.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what's the top-most error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think there could be a couple:

1/3/2023 12:58:10 [FATAL] Setup - Adobe Application Manager executable does not exist at the location: C:\Users\tigr_\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\core\PDApp.exe
1/3/2023 12:58:10 [FATAL] Setup - Unable to launch PDApp. File missing

Also:

1/3/2023 12:58:02 [INFO] PIM - Trying to access xml at path:C:\Users\tigr_\Desktop\Adobe CS6 Master Collection 2\Adobe CS6\packages\UWA\UWA.pimx
1/3/2023 12:58:02 [INFO] PIM - XML is valid
1/3/2023 12:58:02 [WARN] PIM - Failed to find Node

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for that.

now scroll to the bottom and look for the summary and copy lines that begin with ERROR or FATAL. paste each one here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh wait...let me do this over.

Top Most Error is (lots of warns but here's the first):

1/4/2023 11:00:49 [INFO] PIM - Trying to access xml at path:C:\Users\tigr_\Desktop\Adobe CS6 Master Collection 2\Adobe CS6\resources\setup.xml
1/4/2023 11:00:49 [INFO] PIM - XML is valid
1/4/2023 11:00:49 [WARN] PIM - Failed to find Node

Then, 

ERROR AND FATAL Lines

1/4/2023 11:00:53 [FATAL] Setup - Adobe Application Manager executable does not exist at the location: C:\Users\tigr_\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\core\PDApp.exe
1/4/2023 11:00:53 [FATAL] Setup - Unable to launch PDApp. File missing
1/4/2023 11:00:54 [INFO] PIM - PIMSqlite closeDB status 0
1/4/2023 11:00:54 [INFO] PIM - PIMSqlite closeDB status 0
1/4/2023 11:00:54 [INFO] PIM - FREE PIM Instance ...
1/4/2023 11:00:54 [INFO] Setup - cleanUSF: Deleting Path C:\Users\tigr_\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp
1/4/2023 11:00:54 [INFO] Setup - Setting current directory to C:\Users\tigr_\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE
1/4/2023 11:00:55 [ERROR] Setup - Error in deleting folder C:\Users\tigr_\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE. Error Code:145
1/4/2023 11:00:55 [ERROR] Setup - Error in deleting folder C:\Users\tigr_\AppData\Local\Adobe. Error Code:145
1/4/2023 11:00:55 [INFO] Setup - ================= End Adobe Setup. Exit code: 1 =================

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you suggesting then that I just need to install AAM first and then install from there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that i don't know. i recommend you read the info at that link and make your own decision.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read lots about that and it doesn't look to solve the problem.  What is weird is that prior to the first install, I did NOT have to use AAM.  There is nothing in that listing that suggests this will solve my problem.  I even found an old site that housed the CS6 install package and redownloaded that and tried to do an install, but still the same issue.  So, it must be something that Win 11 is blocking I'm thinking now.   I'll try to see if I can get something there....but any other thoughts from folks would be appreciated.  I'll holler with my conclusions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. I FINALLY figured it out.  Apparently some install files from the "bad" installs were hanging around in the registry file.  Once I went in and manually delete all the adobe entries it worked great using compatibility and as admin.  I'm up and running.  Phew.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I encountered the same problem as you. Can you please advise me how you solved that problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. New operating systems require new software that's compatible.

2. For occasional use, I recommend PS Elements 2023.  No subscription required.

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

3. See PS Elements system requirements.

Microsoft Windows 10 version 2004 or later (version 21H1 recommended); Windows 11 (version 21H2), 64-bit versions only; Windows 7, Windows 8.1 not supported.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/system-requirements/older-versions.html

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines