Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 illustrator PARM

Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I bought chinese version of CS6. However, after installing AI, it showed a [PARM] window. I can't open AI successful. What can I do? Thanks!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 29, 2012 Nov 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We cannot know without some system info. The [PARM] error generally in AI means that is unable to parse some data, which in your case could be an issue with Chinese language settings. Have you installed the program in Chinese or English? What is your system language? If possible, try to set your system to English or as a minor, use simplified chinese. Perhaps this might solve the problem.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2013 Sep 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem as yours, the [PARM] error pops up everytime. Setting system language back to Simplified Chinese works, but is there a workaround to run Chinese version of AI under English locale? I actually found a way today.

1. Go to the MacOS folder of AI, should be like /Applications/Adobe Illustrator CS6/Adobe Illustrator.app/Contents/MacOS
  2. Here you should see a file named Adobe Illustrator, back up it first, then rename it to AICS6
  3. Now create a new file named Adobe Illustrator, open the file and copy the following code into it, save it.

#!/bin/bash

BASEDIR=$(cd "$(dirname "$0")"; pwd)

"$BASEDIR/AICS6" -AppleLanguages '("zh-Hans")'

4.  Open Terminal:

cd  /Applications/Adobe\ Illustrator\ CS6/Adobe\ Illustrator.app/Contents/MacOS

chmod +x Adobe\ Illustrator

5.  Now open AI again, you'll see it's running with Simplified Chinese UI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2014 Aug 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 28, 2015 Apr 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks eclipselu, You're such a genius, I wanna know how did you figure out to fix this problem. Is it that you asked the supporting staff of Adobe Service?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2016 Aug 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you really solved my problem

thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks so much which solved my problem

but the process "create a file" really troubled me finally I just copied a .cfg file and renamed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2015 Jun 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same question about it, but I use traditional Chinese, this answer is for simplified Chinese,

and I tried to change language code from  "zh-Hans" to "zh-Hant", but it didn't work,

can anyone help me to solve the PARM problem?

thank you so much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same question. Then I dig further and found an useful, small-and-free app called "Language Switcher"--which on macOS can launch selectively any app in available language settings.

Via the thread below:

Set the language for a single application - Mac OS X Hints

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines