• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cs6 instalation problem on new apple laptop

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have bought CS6 few years ago and havnt been used fer a while. i have new apple laptop and its sims to be a problem to do instalation because my laptop is too new. my product key doesnt work and I just cant download my product on my new laptop.

TOPICS
Activation , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 is not supported and will not install or work properly on a new M1 Mac. You need to get the current CC subscription, which works fine.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/apple-silicon-m1-chip.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi. I have problem with CS6 instalation on a new apple laptop. I have bought this few years ago and havnt used since then. now I cant instal my product because its looks like my laptop is to new. I have paid hundereds of £ and dont wont to pay for any updrages or new product or subscriptions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Photoshop CS6 is not compatible with the most recent versions of MAC OS

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-and-macos-monterey.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so what is the solution? I have payd hundreds of £ few years ago. i dont see on my product any expiration date. there is nothing as well about system requirements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no expiry date, you have to blame Apple really for the lack of 32 bit support, Photoshop CS6 will run fine on Windows 10 and older versions of MAC OS but not the current.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of MacOS? 

As Ged stated correctly, the likelihood is, you can't run such old software on newer hardware or OS. 

IF you have the new Apple Silicon, no way, you're SOL. You can use the old software on old hardware or use a modern version on modern software and you're now a subscriber. The choice is yours. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do not cross-post in multiple forums. I answered (same as the answers below) in the Install forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you chose a new Mac, you chose to need all new apps. Needs to be in the budget... it's all part of the Joy Of Mac. Apple make sure you don't have any old fashioned apps on your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

New laptop probably requries the new CC applications!

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/apple-silicon-m1-chip.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines