• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 Licensing Issue - can't launch Acrobat, CS6 Apps continually ask for serial number

New Here ,
May 29, 2022 May 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many years ago I purchased a CS6 Design and Web Premium package from Adobe. For many years it worked just fine. Recently I have been asked to enter the serial again - which I do - after validating my email address. Up until now - that process allowed me to use the product I had paid for. But today - it will not allow me to launch Acrobat.

Adobe Customer Support (through their chat system) have said they have deactivated their activation servers. Is this really the case ? Does that not mean that the product has now got a time limitation which was never stated in the original terms ? This sounds a bit like fraud to me.

The process goes like this :

- Attempt to launch Acrobat

- It then shows "Your trial has expired"

- Click "License this Software"

- Click "Sign In"

- Enter valid serial number & click next

- It then takes me back to step 2 above : "Your trial has expired"

At the moment - only Acrobat is prevented from launching. Photoshop & Illustrator still work, but they have prompted this serial number request a few times in the past few months (although when I do it for those apps - it accepts the license key).

How to get around this madness and use a product I paid a lot of money for ? (I believe I purchased from Amazon; box / serial - totally legit).

Hoping someone can help, many thanks.

TOPICS
Activation , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2022 May 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cs2, cs3 and cs4 activation servers are no longer functioning, but cs5, cs5.5 and cs6 still were working as of a few days ago (though they will stop working eventually).

and, if you can activate any cs6 product (eg, ps) and cannot activate acrobat, it may be that the acrobat license is activated on a different server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, kglad, for your input. Do you suppose that re-installing Acrobat might help ? I'm downloading the digital version of CS6 Design and Web Premium from my Adobe account. Also - Adobe says they will call me regarding this issue - so I will wait until they do and post any updates here. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

that phone call is a scammer.  DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY INFO.  do not even answer if you think the call is from them.

adobe does not support cs6, so adobe will not call.  otoh, adobe scams abound and scammers frequent the forums looking for victims.  they typically would send you a private message via the adobe forums (maybe asking for your phone number and offering help), but there may be other ways they can reach you.

however, if the person on adobe's chat said they or someone else would call you during your chat, i would be interested in hearing that and getting info on what link you used to access adobe's chat.  i haven't heard of anyone spoofing adobe's chat system, but the info about the cs6 servers and then a return call are suspicious.

you should download your cs6 suite installation file (and secure it for possible future use). and i can't see it hurting anything as long as you opt to only install the problematic acrobat (after you start the installation and select a custom install).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines