• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 Master Collection Key blocked

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2024 Jul 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought the Master Collection CS6 around 10 years ago and it worked very well until today. I got a new internet provider and now I got a message that my serial number / key is blocked. I don't understand why. Can Adobe unblock it?

Thank you

J

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you reinstall cs6?  did you change any computer hardware?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, i uninstalled and installed cs6 again. However, since cs6 is an older product the online activation is no longer supported (it requires IE 10. But this has been replaced by edge). So i tried the offline activation and added the activation number. Afterwards, is says that the serial number/key number has been blocked. And now I'm stuck.

I didn't change any computer hardware. The only thing I changed is the internet provider and I'm using a new wlan usb stick (yes, my computer is old and has no build in wlan)

Thanks for moving the post to the right place. I also think it is not easy to navigate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you are stuck. 

you can contact adobe support and hope there was an error on their part.  otherwise, you cannot reactivate with that serial number.

there are 2 ways to contact adobe support; chat and twitter (now x):

chat:
if you have or want to purchase a subscription, use a browser that allows popups and cookies
and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.

twitter/x:
tweet @AdobeCare

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for your help. 

The chat support told me I should come here to ask for help since CS6 is too old and they can't support anymore. I will keep trying. 

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2024 Jul 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jerome38501301tzrp 

copy and paste here a screenshot of the message you see when installing about a blocked serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2024 Jul 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

will do that. But this will take some days since I don't have access to this specific computer at the moment. Will do it ASAP.

Just wanted to mention that I received messages from "Adobe" about sending a mail to them for technical support. Sounds like a scam to me since the mail ends with ....@outlook.com. I guess Adobe employee have a different mail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2024 Jul 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's defintely a scam.  in fact, if you just try to type the scammers email address (**scam email address**), it will be edited by the forum software to show it's a scam.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2024 Jul 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the confirmation about the scam.

I tried again to activate CS6 using the offline approach. I got the same message as the first time and this time I took a screenshot. It is written in German but it means that the serial number has been blocked by Adobe. Reach out to the support team to get further instructions or add a different serial number. (see picture below). 

serial-number-blocked.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2024 Jul 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you can contact adobe support to see if the block was an error. if it was not, you cannot use that serial number.

there are 2 ways to contact adobe support; chat and twitter (now x):

chat:
if you have or want to purchase a subscription, use a browser that allows popups and cookies
and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.

twitter/x:
tweet @AdobeCare

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from using the community bugs">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines