Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 serial number

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I searched the community for this issue and found many posts. Unfortunately this does not solve my problem. My apologies for trying again. Unfortunately, Adobe itself does not provide support.

The situation:
- I purchased CS6 master collection through Adobe.
- After a crash I reinstalled it about 3 months ago on a windows 10 machine. I did this by downloading the software through my Adobe account.
- I now get notifications that my trial is expiring (but I don't have a trial, I purchased the product) and that I have to enter a serial number.
- I'm asked for a 6-digit code. When I look up my serial number in my account it is 24 digits. So it doesn't fit.

Almost against my better judgement... the question remains: where can I find the 6-digit code?

Or: How do I get in touch with Adobe? I know that I did have telephone contact during the reinstallation, but now I was sent away via a detour of menu options.

Thanks in advance,

Jannie

adobe1.jpgadobe2.jpgadobe3.jpg

[Moderator deleted private information. Please do not post private information like e-mails and phone numbers]

TOPICS
Activation , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

- I'm asked for a 6-digit code. When I look up my serial number in my account it is 24 digits. So it doesn't fit.

By @jannies79294916

You don't been asked for a 6-digit code. In every field for the seriel number you have to enter 4 digits.

The serial number fpr CS x product is a 24 digit code group in 6 blocks with 4 digits each. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

I understand why you say you are being asked for a six digit number, but you are not. You are being asked for your serial number, all 24 digits. Didn't you enter it before? Then it will be a trial. Just start typing the number, it will fill the 6 boxes as you type.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

serial numbers don't expire.  but they can be revoked (usually years after issued and previously working).

among the reasons they can be revoked is if they are found being illegally distributed/used on some part of the internet.

this is especially common for people that purchase from anyone other than adobe.com, but can occur even if purchased from adobe.com.

but make sure you're using the correct number:

you have 3 ways to recover a serial number that you once had:

1. if you purchased

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By @jannies79294916

You don't been asked for a 6-digit code. In every field for the seriel number you have to enter 4 digits.

The serial number fpr CS x product is a 24 digit code group in 6 blocks with 4 digits each. 

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand why you say you are being asked for a six digit number, but you are not. You are being asked for your serial number, all 24 digits. Didn't you enter it before? Then it will be a trial. Just start typing the number, it will fill the 6 boxes as you type.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. Most of all for not making fun of me.

Unfortunatly my number has been revoked. A new mystery. My software is not illegally distributed and I don't understand why it can expire, CS6 is not a subscription...

Thanks again :).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

serial numbers don't expire.  but they can be revoked (usually years after issued and previously working).

among the reasons they can be revoked is if they are found being illegally distributed/used on some part of the internet.

this is especially common for people that purchase from anyone other than adobe.com, but can occur even if purchased from adobe.com.

but make sure you're using the correct number:

you have 3 ways to recover a serial number that you once had:

1. if you purchased from or registered with adobe (automatically done with cs6):,

a. you can check your account, https://accounts.adobe.com

b. you can check with adobe support* (be prepared to give the email address used when registering or purchasing)

2. if your adobe program is installed on another computer you can recover its serial number from that computer,

(win:) http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html,

(mac:) https://mac-product-key-finder.com/

3. http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/find-serial-number.html

make sure you're aware of the cancellation terms by selecting your plan type (at the top of the page here), https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/creative-cloud-subscription-terms.html

for info on how to cancel your subscription, this page describes the few steps involved, https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/cancel-subscription.html

if you want to cancel but are unable to follow the steps described in the "how to cancel page", contact adobe support by using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human
inform the agent that you want to cancel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much.

In my adobe account > products I can see that my CS6 is registered. That's where I got the serial number from (that seems to be revoked).

This product is not (as far as I know) on any other computer. Is there a way to find out if someone is using my software illegally?

I found the original invoice from Adobe. So it was definitely purchased from Adobe.

Thank you for he information on how to get in touch with Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your helpfulness. Thanks to your advice, I managed to contact Adobe.

I initially received this message: 'Support is no longer available for your product version. Phone and chat support is not available for free or discontinued software or services.' So my heart sank. But they helped anyway :).

The problem was that I apparently had 2 adobe accounts and tried to go through the steps with the wrong account.

So for those who are sure that they have a legal version and are still revoked: Check if you don't have another account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

good to hear.  and thank you for the follow up.

and that's a very interesting cause for the serial number issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines