• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Daily Creative Cloud Updates Slow My PC to a crawl

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so aggravated.   I spend all day, 12-14 hours a day, sometimes 7 days per week, working on my computer.   It seems that about daily, a Creative Cloud update - that I have not asked for  - runs in the background randomly.  It brings my PC to a screeching halt for about three minutes.   I can no longer continue work, until the Creative Cloud pop-up arrives and tells me that the update that I have not asked for or chosen to run has cocmpleted.  Then, everything is back to normal.  It is a routine nuissance interruption that is unacceptable.   If this must happen, why can't it happen during the middle of the night when my PC may be on, but while I am not working?   Why can't I schedule these nuissance updates to run at times of my own choosing?  Why can't I be prompted first with a message like, "Hello, we would like to completely prevent you from getting any work done for about three minutes, is now a good time?"

This has gone on for months.  I have read in other threads that these is some sort of core process that should not be disabled.  Fine.  Can we have some control over when it occurs?  I am getting ready to start shopping for alternative products.  I pay a lot of money every month for the Adobe software suite.  It should allow me to work, not stop me every day.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

You can turn off auto updates in the Creative Cloud app.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can turn off auto updates in the Creative Cloud app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good God, is that all that needs to be done?   I've just tried it.   I'll let you know if that solves the problem.   Thanks for the suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not seen the issue since disabling the auto-updates.   It does seem, however, that Adobe should come up with something so that we can schedule these to not be a nuissance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do we know why it affects our computers in such an aggressive way. I also have my computer set to auto-update and it's very easy to tell when an update is occurring as my computer grinds to a halt. Simple tasks like moving the mouse, typing, opening or closing an app, go to a snails pace. Surely a software update shouldn't make my computer inoperable. It turns my i9 3.7GHz, RTX3070, 128GB RAM into a Vic 20!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you can check your task manager to get more info about what process is consuming your computer resources, but why there are so few users with this problem while the rest of us do not see this, won't be completely answered there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines