• 한국 커뮤니티
    Spezielle Community für Koreanischsprachige
Beenden

Deactivating a computer with unsaved work

Neu hier ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Link in Zwischenablage kopieren

Kopiert

If I have a machine with unsaved work (eg Photoshop file that's not saved, or a movie export in progress) but I deactivate CC on that machine, what happens to the files? Are they now orphaned and inaccessible/unsavable?

(I haven't tried this yet, just wondering in case the scenario comes up)

THEMEN
Creative Cloud

Zugriffe

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
Seien Sie freundlich und respektvoll, geben Sie die ursprüngliche Quelle der Inhalte an und suchen Sie vor dem Absenden Ihres Beitrags nach Duplikaten. Weitere Informationen
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Kopiert

Standard data files (JPG or a video file) that may be opened by any programs are not changed

Properietary project files (such as a Premiere Pro project file) will not open without the specific program

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
Seien Sie freundlich und respektvoll, geben Sie die ursprüngliche Quelle der Inhalte an und suchen Sie vor dem Absenden Ihres Beitrags nach Duplikaten. Weitere Informationen
community guidelines
Neu hier ,

Kopiert

Understood. I maybe didn't emphasize the specific point of my question enough - what happens if I remotely deactivate a machine where there are *unsaved changes* to a file. Eg. Photoshop is open, I've made some modifications (and assuming just doing local saving, not continuous cloud saving), but then that machine gets deactivated before a save happens. Am I right in thinking that the changes cannot be saved at that point?

Am just trying to understand how this might work in the context of a studio with multiple machines and CC accounts that we have to occasionally shuffle around. Want to make sure that a designer's work doesn't get lost in the process.

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Kopiert

I know that Premiere Pro has an autosave function, which you may modify as to the time between saves and the number of saves, but I have no idea what will happen to the CURRENT work if the program is deactivated while the program is open (not an autosave from X minutes ago that is already saved)

That sounds to me like a user policy to call the user of computer A before a user on computer C turns the A program off

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
LEGENDE ,

Kopiert

This sounds like s question about trying to run multiple copies of the app even though the license only allows one at a time. Don’t. It would be a license violation to deactivate CC while trying to keep apps running. Expect bad things. 

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Neu hier ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Kopiert

AKTUELL

Admittedly this is an edge case, but I was just wondering what would happen if it came up. Not trying to do anything nefarious! Other than autosave, doesn't sound like there's a way to prevent this if it ever does happen.

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines