Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

deactivating on debunked computers

Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2011 Dec 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe/Community,

My husband and I have just unpacked our storage unit, which includes 4 MacPro laptops, 1 iMac, and 1 G4 tower. Of these, only the iMac and one MacPro are working.

We're musicians with a recording studio. We put our lives on hold/in storage for 3 years to get/recover from extreme surgeries for my disabled husband. Living in isolated Alaska, now with two finally successful cadaver ankle transplants (he can walk!) and a new elbow (he can play his beloved bass guitar) our next move is to reclaim our lives, careers, studio, sanity (kidding). We count on Creative Suite for our (necessarily) at home work.

With the newly unpacked computers and software out of storage and ready to go, I loaded our CR 4 software. The CR 5.5 update has just arrived. Lightroom 3 update on the way.

First:

How to deactivate our Adobe Creative Suite on the computers that won't run please. They won't fire up, screens stay black, and the one MacPro that will fire up doesn't allow me to deactivate via the help screen. I tried to deactivate in both Photoshop and Illustrator.

Pop up message indicates I need to deactivate old computers within 30 days.

Second:

We estimate we'll be running our 2 MacPros, a tower for the recording studio, my iMac...probably 5 computers total.

On computers in our name, registered to us, in our household, why the use limit?

How to run our small business that relies on computers from home with just 2 computers running?

Yes, additional serial number licenses can be purchased. Is there any grandfather'ed in clause for we clients who've been buying/running Creative Suite for...geez, since G3s?

Thanks for your advice and help all.

akCol

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 04, 2011 Dec 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deactivation on non-working computers can only be handled server-side by calling phone support and having them reset the counter. Regarding the licensing you may look into the subscription options, if you cannot or do not want to purchase additional permanent licenses. It's just the way it is...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2011 Dec 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can find more information about Creative Suite Subscription Edition at http://www.adobe.com/products/creativesuite/cssubscription.html.  Mylenium is right though you can only have the software installed on two computers.  Are you having problems installing on a second computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines