• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dear Valued Creative Cloud Provider

New Here ,
May 08, 2019 May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are You denying use of older versions of CC products (Your mail 8th of May, 2019) … some explanation would be nice, anyone there? After all – we, the users/customers/consumers, are those to whom Your applications should be targeted.  What is the logic behind of this kind of decision?

And a little hint for You: Maybe You should make better new versions of Your applications, that kind of applications which Your customers would like to install. So called new versions that You provide now are such a resource-hungry and buggy beasts that less and less of us, the users, would like to use.

Regards,

The customer

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Per Adobe's email:

We have recently discontinued certain older versions of Creative Cloud applications and as a result, under the terms of our agreement, you are no longer licensed to use them. Our records show that you may be using the following version(s) of these applications.

AFTER EFFECTS:14.2

Please be aware that should you continue to use the discontinued version(s), you may be at risk of potential claims of infringement by third parties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Adobe doesn't want to update old apps anymore, that's fine. But to yank the license on them is ridiculous. We've locked our MacOS and CC versions until later this year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there was a lawsuit threat with orcal. They did the same thing with AVID

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

redfridgemedia  wrote

If Adobe doesn't want to update old apps anymore, that's fine. But to yank the license on them is ridiculous.

If they do, they have reasons, I would suppose...

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see where they are yanking anyone's licenses... are you sure about this? Where did you see this? As far as I can ascertain, they are just removing the download links to older versions of cloud (CC) products, right?

If you had downloaded the installation files and kept them on a USB or DVD or network share or whatever, you'd still be able to reinstall the old versions. Adobe just doesn't officially want anyone downloading these versions off of their web sites. Considering that these installs often include Adobe Acrobat, which is notorious for needing serious security patches, it's probably just too much complexity and effort to adapt older versions of software. Plus, they're no longer licensed to distribute some of the tools and components that were included with some older software versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh...just got done dealing with Adobe's support who were borderline rude and complete unhelpful (as usual). Basically I'm now stuck with a user who can no longer work on a project because it was done with InDesign CC2015. A little bit of warning would have been nice regarding this. Not every company can upgrade their software and documents within 24 hours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, those weren't working earlier! Looks like they are again. Thanks Uwe! I'll try and see if that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This time a link from Adobe with downloads:

Download legacy versions of Creative Cloud apps

I hope that some other versions are added as well.

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fourteen:

You can Contact Customer Care to obtain a link to download InDesign CC 2014 (aka version 10), CC 2015 (v11) and CC 2017 (v12).

For other CC applications, we are now limited to the current version and the previous version. The two exceptions that I am aware of are for InDesign as described above, and for Acrobat, which is limited to the current version only.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Barb, I believe the same is true for Adobe InCopy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will I be able to still download and install enore?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think so! As Encore is phased-out and was bundled with Premiere CS6, you will no more be able to install Encore. I personally used Encore a lot with CS5 but even then, creating DVDs was starting to get phased out. For my Windows 10 computer, even having a DVD writer and a Blue Ray writer in my computer, I did not care to get the software installed.

If, however, you need to create DVDs, I think that it is time to look for newer, more current and better products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way just to clone all the existing adobe apps that are installed onto another hard drive then I can run encore cs6 off another drive when I need to? I know I've cloned an entire system before on an external drive but what about certain apps already installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cloning a disk basically means just copying data from one disk to a different disk in a way that all data is represented as on the original.

Cloning just part of a disk is quite impossible as there are more things involved as the data chunk you're copying, like some OS related databases etc, making it impossible to predict the outcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once again, this is Adobe showing nothing but contempt for its customers.  We have multi-year projects.  We do not change versions mid-stream in a project.  Will Adobe now use the Creative Cloud app to prevent installed "unauthorized" versions from opening up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2019 May 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Lynn+J+Becker  wrote

Once again, this is Adobe showing nothing but contempt for its customers.  We have multi-year projects.  We do not change versions mid-stream in a project.  Will Adobe now use the Creative Cloud app to prevent installed "unauthorized" versions from opening up?

I don’t change in the middle of the project neither. But I did not yet see a multi year project that did not evolve with the software. I do not use legacy software if I can avoid. The only trouble I see with this is Encore that is no more available and that was an excellent tool to create DVDs.

I do not know, however, if the programs continue to work when they are installed on the supported OS.

I suppose you do not change also the hardware and your OS for you multi year projects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 12, 2019 May 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just clone your operating system to another drive. Then if you have to for some reason wipe the original drive and need to reinstall you will have the backup of the OS and can still use old versions.

Plus how many old versions do you need anyway? I think it's a very poor idea to keep using 2017 or earlier anyway. Just open the project in the new version and you can use it. for DVD's you can clone like I said and keep encore or use another program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That simply does not work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what doesn't work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bryced87  wrote

what doesn't work?

Cloning. You will need a license for the cloned computer system. That will fail in a short time. At the latest when you put in the clone into a new system.

Not to talk about driver problems, OS updates etc...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well that's weird. Must be an adobe thing because I've cloned windows 10 OS on multiple machines for over 2 years and I never had a problem booting it up. In fact I'm using a clone right now to type this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bryced87  wrote

well that's weird. Must be an adobe thing

not exactly... We're using cloning extensively... if the machines are the same. If not you need to take care of the drivers. If however more than the standard software will be installed, cloning helps only for the first step. It's still useful.

With Adobe (and similar products) there is something like activation. Activation is quite sensitive to machine changes. So if something in the activated machine changes, the software assumes a new hardware. Activation needs to be redone and it's at that precise moment where the thing fails.

Say thank you to all the pirates who did not want to pay for the software...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, bear in mind that for each cloned machine being used by a different person, you will need to have either an enterprise license with a number of users permitted, or a different license for each machine. That's if you're being honest, which I guess they could eventually figure out at some point!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Plus how many old versions do you need anyway?

Many ACPs and forum regulars keep older versions on their systems to assist  with troubleshooting questions on these forums.

The questions we see here cover 20+ years of software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines