Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Difficulty uploading Adobe Photoshop CS6 to Windows 11 desktop computer

Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2024 Apr 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe Community,

I have been a die-hard Photoshop fan for many years after purchasing Design and Web Premium CS6 in 2012. I recently upgraded by ancient desktop computer to Windows 11 and having trouble loading Photoshop onto this new computer. Can anyone suggest how to do this, or if it is possible?
I have downloaded the registered product from my Adobe account but the error message is that "The file archive part of CS6 is missing. You need all parts in the same folder in order to extract Adobe CS6. Please download all parts."
My new computer doesn't have a disc drive so can't use the CS6 disc that I purchased.
Sadly I don't have the budget to subscribe to the latest PS version but my trusty old version does the basic graphic editing that I need.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks very much to anyone that has read this far!
Quentin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 25, 2024 Apr 25, 2024

As well as what kglad said about downloadding TWO files

Two ideas that MAY work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10 or Windows 11
-RIGHT click the program icon or EXE and select a compatibility mode in the pop up option window
-and/or select Run as Administrator to assign FULL Windows permissions
-also https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/create-local-administrator-account-windows.html

Or go to Amazon and buy a USB connected DVD drive

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Quentin36960628gb8c unfortunately Adobe has stopped supporting CS6 a long time ago. There is no guarantee that it will install/run on newer OS versions. The best I can do is point. you to this page and hopefully it helps. There is nothing Customer service can do.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install-discussions/signing-into-and-activating-legacy-adobe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2024 Apr 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Kevin for taking the time to help, I really appreciate it. I am going to first try John Smith's suggestion below of loading original software via USB connected DVD drive in case that works. And hopefully I'll be then able to use your info on updated sign-in procedures.
Kind regards,
Quentin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Kevin, 
Just wanted to let you know that loading the original CS6 disc via USB DVD drive worked! Yay!
Thanks again for your support.

Best wishes,

Quentin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you should download both the zip archive and the exe. or actually, with just the archive you can manage to install but it's a manaual install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks kglad for this important info as the error message was confusing about what I was missing. I'm going to try and load original CS6 disc via external DVD drive as I already have one. Failing that I'll try your suggestion.
Kind regards,
Quentin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok. keep us updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey kglad, 
Just wanted to let you know that loading the original CS6 disc via USB DVD drive worked! Yay!
Thanks again for your support.

Best wishes,

Quentin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

excellent, now for the hard part-activation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah yes, first I have to dig up the old computer out of garage and get it hooked up to a monitor and going again. Nothing is ever easy!! But I was impressed that the Creative Suite 6  I purchased and registered in 2012 showed up in my Adobe account product list. At the time I bought it was a lot of money to me so I'm very happy that is being honoured in this subscription based world. Thanks for your activation advice 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

keep us updated.  we can help with activation information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As well as what kglad said about downloadding TWO files

Two ideas that MAY work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10 or Windows 11
-RIGHT click the program icon or EXE and select a compatibility mode in the pop up option window
-and/or select Run as Administrator to assign FULL Windows permissions
-also https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/create-local-administrator-account-windows.html

Or go to Amazon and buy a USB connected DVD drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear John, 
Thanks for going out of your way to explain potential options, it's very kind of you to offer help. I randomly have a USB connected DVD drive so will try that first and let you know if successful, fingers crossed!
Kind regards,
Quentin 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Woohoo it worked, thanks so much John for the idea 🙂 I loaded the original CS6 disc via USB connected DVD drive and after a few sign-in loops and about half hour uploading I now have my trusty beloved 12 year old Photoshop up and running on my fancy new computer. Received the notification that I have 30 days to deactivate PS from my old computer which fortunately I hadn't got rid of yet phew!

Thanks again, so relieved.
Best wishes

Quentin
Thanks very much Adobe Community and I hope someone else can benefit from this shared knowledge. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After you DE-activate on your old computer you will need to activate your serial number on your new computer... if you have not already activated with your serial number (as far as I know you are allowed to have TWO activations current at a time)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines