• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Download and Install Creative Cloud Apps on your new M1 computer

Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since neither Adobe nor Apple has seen fit to make this information prominent and accessible to new M1 owners in a responsible and professional manner, I am reposting it here. Personally I'm also filing it under the "Things I wish I had known yesterday that would've saved me a lot of time and aggravation" tab.

How can I transfer Adobe apps from my old computer to my new M1 computer?

We recommend reinstalling the apps on your new computer instead of migrating them using Migration Assistant. If you still want to use Migration Assistant, deselect the option to migrate applications or uninstall your Adobe apps before migrating.

Already used the Migration Assistant? Run the CC Cleaner Tool to remove Adobe apps and components that were copied to the new computer. Once the applications are entirely removed, you can install your Adobe apps on your new computer. 

Excerpted from: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/apple-silicon-m1-chip.html

TOPICS
CC FAQ , Creative Cloud , Feature request , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

5t3v3, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience using Apple's migration process.  I am glad that you could copy your applications from one computer to another successfully.  The language you are referencing in https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/apple-silicon-m1-chip.html was added due to the repeated reports of unexpected behavior after Adobe applications and components were copied/migrated to computers using Apple's new processors.

Your feedback is appreciated.  Please

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

never migrate adobe programs under any circumstances.  properly install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You Adobe people have a real culture of arrogance and lack of customer service ethos. I mean just based on my thirty plus years of experience with your software and your recent comments in this community. No offense.

That aside. No. Your answer is incorrect. Migrating Adobe software in this case worked, whereas "properly installing" did not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

these are user-to-user forums.  i'm not adobe and i don't represent adobe.

and while you may have a certain story to tell, in general, migrating is a mistake with adobe software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

5t3v3, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience using Apple's migration process.  I am glad that you could copy your applications from one computer to another successfully.  The language you are referencing in https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/apple-silicon-m1-chip.html was added due to the repeated reports of unexpected behavior after Adobe applications and components were copied/migrated to computers using Apple's new processors.

Your feedback is appreciated.  Please bookmark https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/release-note/cc-release-notes.html to keep updated about improvements and changes made to the Creative Cloud desktop app and its components.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct. My "experience" has to do with Apple's M.1 chips and the installation complications arising from the new architecture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see. Duly noted. Although you've apparently earned a "Professional" badge, you're not necessarily someone who really knows what my post is about. In general, you might be justified in answering a "beginner" with some snooty b.s. In this case however, not so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines