• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Download CS6

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!  I purchased a license for CS6 Master Suite from a private seller and need to install on a new machine.  However I misplaced the discs and I cannot seem to find a download link on the site.  Please advise a remedy?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, you need to be sure that you own the license

Transfer (selling or giving your software away) https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1355892

-you may NOT sell or transfer an Education serial number

Once you own the license to the serial number, read below

Adobe removed old links from public view https://theblog.adobe.com/changes-to-creative-cloud-download-availability

-also read https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-limits-software-downloads.html

IMPORTANT NOTE:

The process below WILL NOT WORK if you have a (CS6 or earlier) serial number for an education or volume version, since the only downloads now available are the retail installers, which DO NOT work with an education or volume serial number

Start by reading reply #10 https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2620448

-Also read https://helpx.adobe.com/in/download-install/kb/downloaded-older-app.html

-And https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/find-downloaded-file-app.html

-OR... Go to https://www.adobe.com/about-adobe/contact.html

-click on the Chat bot on the bottom right hand corner of the first screen

--the chat bot is the circle with a funny looking box with 3 dots inside

-click on Downloading or Installing, then type Agent

Do NOT let the support agent tell you to come to the forums for help... no user in a public forum has access to Adobe's internal links, you MUST obtain the program and update links from Adobe support

AND when you finally do have a download link, be sure to copy every file you download to an external drive (or 2 or 3) so you never have to hunt for download links if they are moved again... also make a text file containing ALL of your serial numbers and copy that file as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read this post previously, but the Indian reps for Adobe are, basically, useless.  The language and cultural barriers are too hard to overcome.  Despite the fact that I have a registered CS4 license in my Adobe account, I can't seem to get a straight answer.  It's truly frustrating.  Do you have any other recommendations?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS4 has nothing to do with CS6 bought from a private seller

Did you and the previous owner complete a license transfer?

If yes, I posted how to get a download link

If no, and the program was ever installed by the previous owner, you now need to do a license transfer

Until you own the license, the links I provided will not do you any good

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My point was that I'm a returning Adobe customer, even if it's years apart between versions.

The license in question is for CS6 Master Full Retail.  Your links and the information they contain don't help because they're out of date. Perhaps you ought to have a look at them to reacquaint yourself with what's changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact support and supply your serial number to prove you own the product

Ask the support person to provide you the download link(s)

No other user has the links, only support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone else reading this

Never post private information on a public forum... including your actual email address or phone number

Scammers try to steal serial numbers and other private information by posing as Adobe employees... Never give your private information to someone who contacts you via PM (Private Message) or email until you are sure that person is an Adobe employee (see next)

When an employee asks for information (identified by a STAFF badge where my ACP badge shows) hover your mouse over their name and then click the Message option in the popup window to send a private email

Adobe does not use Skype... if someone asks you to talk to them via Skype to "help" you, immediately report their Adobe ID in https://forums.adobe.com/community/forumhelp/forum_comments/content so the person may be banned from the forums

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, I was able to source a download from the fella I bought the license from.  The software activated just fine, but there was no registration dialog box as there was when I installed CS4 years ago.  When I attempted to add the license key to my profile, I got the below error.  Is that normal?

Firefox_Screenshot_2019-08-07T00-36-03.551Z.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My understanding (I do not work for Adobe but I read a LOT of messages) is that you have been scammed with a hacked version, which MAY contain malware to steal your information and transmit it to the hacker to be able to steal your money

When you install CS6 and it does not ask for a serial number there is something wrong... and that generally means a hacked version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, to clarify, the software DID request a number in the form of a string of 24 characters in six sets of four, i.e. 1111-2222-3333-4444-5555-6666.  It then requested that I log on with my Adobe ID, then validated.  So if this is a scam, it's the most sophisticated one I've seen in all my years.  My understanding of 'cracked' software is that it requires manual placement of files within the target installation directory structure somewhere.  There was none of that here - just a straight install.

The question is why I'm not seeing that old style Adobe registration dialog.  Is the Adobe logon what's being used instead?  Perhaps it takes a while before it shows up in my account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been a LONG time since I last installed an Adobe product with a serial number, so I don't remember the exact timing

I do remember that entering the serial number during the install of Premiere Pro CS6 was all that I had to do... no added registration step was needed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/John+T+Smith  wrote

I do remember that entering the serial number during the install of Premiere Pro CS6 was all that I had to do... no added registration step was needed

You could register but it was not required (at least with my CS5 bundles) to run the programs.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cracked software comes in many flavours and some is very sophisticated. Much of it is designed to look convincingly like authentic software, and if it needs system changes to trick the licensing, then it does them. Adobe fight a cat and mouse battle and things get blocked as and when they do stuff.

Anyway, that's a fake. Don't have to look hard: Nobody has had the right to sell CS4 for many many years.

So, you have fake software, a modified system, and probably some malware. My advice is to wipe the disk and do a clean system install. If you gave your credit card detail, assume it is exposed and ready for fraudulent use (don't assume they will only charge what they said).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow.  I'm guessing you either didn't read my post, or you didn't understand it at all.  The question was not about CS4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good advice.  I wasn't aware of the ACP badge and was already contacted by a member here.  That said, I already did contact the Adobe customer service department and they were less than helpful.

Your links and references are out of date in these ways:

The website for prodesigntips no longer links to the direct download.

Everything on the Adobe site redirects to CC

The 'help' section does not have a 'chat' button anymore

And so it goes.  Back to square 1.  Guess I'll just have to bang my head against the wall with India.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 was sold more recently. But you still have a fake, nobody has had the right to sell CS6 either. My advice is the same: your system and finances are potentially seriously compromised.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you're saying that it's not possible there's leftover inventory in the channel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vanishing small chances. Does this vendor mysteriously have lots of discontinued product? Do they have an Adobe logo despite not selling Creative Cloud? Does the Adobe site accept the serial? Has your hosts file been tampered with? What do reviewers say?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Product activated perfectly.

System Host file(s) have not been tampered or altered at all.

Installation files were scanned for viruses and all clean.

I think this is just a case where perhaps someone upgraded and sold his unused license.  Not uncommon in this business.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Robertk6369096, I am sorry to hear that you are facing problems registering and utilizing Creative Suite 6.  I reviewed the account you used, to post in this public discussion forum, and the only registered software is for an OEM Bundle for Creative Suite 4 Design Premium for Windows that you registered in March 2012.

You mentioned you spoke with our support team, but I do not see any interactions listed under your account.  Can you please update this public forum discussion with your case number, so that I can review the interaction.  You can find information on how to locate your recent support cases at View Adobe Support cases .

I would also recommend you use the process listed in Find your serial number to register your recent purchase of Creative Suite 6, as Abambo, John, and Test Screen Name, have indicated it is very surprising for anyone to purchase Creative Suite 6, as we have not made it available for sale from Adobe, or it's resellers, for a couple of years.  If you face problems, registering your serial number, then please work directly with our chat support team to determine why the serial number for CS6 can not be registered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Jeff+A+Wright  wrote

(...) I reviewed the account you used, to post in this public discussion forum, and the only registered software is for an OEM Bundle for Creative Suite 4 Design Premium for Windows that you registered in March 2012.

(...)

See this message: Re: Download CS6 .

Also there is a different thread of this user where he reported fake Adobe support... Bogus Reps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, yes, I'm aware of that.  I purchased CS4 years ago.  The question isn't about CS4.  The question is about a 3rd party copy of CS6.

Sidebar: None of this would be necessary if Adobe offered a reasonably priced subscription on an ad-hoc, month-by-month basis rather than forcing us to have to commit to a year at a clip.  I don't use the product regularly So I'm relegated to having to look elsewhere to maintain some sort of currency on features, especially since I just upgraded to a new machine.

That said, I'm pretty convinced the code is secure, and the activation went alright.  So I'm guessing I'll be alright.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>subscription on an ad-hoc, month-by-month basis rather than forcing us to have to commit to a year at a clip

Adobe does offer that... I don't know if that is available for every program

SOME programs are available Monthly https://forums.adobe.com/message/10817508 - links and pictures

-the special Photography Plan is ONLY available on an annual plan, with monthly or 1 annual payment

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/manage-cc-individual-membership.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, that must be a new option.  When last I looked (we're talking better than 4 or 5 years ago) I don't believe it existed.

So, let me be sure I understand this correctly.

• Annual Prepaid (lump sum payment at $600 for 365 days of use = $50/month)
  • Annual Monthly (commitment to 12 months of use, billed each month at $53/month)
  • Monthly ($80 per 30 days, access on-the-fly)

Do I have that right?  If so, it's good to know, but still a tad pricey for my needs.  Case in point, I've been running on CS4 for some six years, now.  That said, I'm already in this up to my neck, but if anything goes wrong with my current install, I'll keep that in mind.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

robertk6369096  wrote

John, that must be a new option.  When last I looked (we're talking better than 4 or 5 years ago) I don't believe it existed.

(...)

• Monthly ($80 per 30 days, access on-the-fly)

(...)

This is the commitment on the month. The 2 others are a commitment for a year. You can also take single apps subscription if you need only one app at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines