• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Download Illustrator CS6 update 16.0.5 for Windows fails

Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The download of the (critical) update 16.0.5 of the non-subscription version of Illustrator CS6 for Windows fails.

I have tried this with several browsers, but the file AdobeIllustrator16.0.5.zip cannot be downloaded.

Adobe please fix this - thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Hello JaapK,

As you said you have CC and CS6 application both installed on same machine, if also the both are linked with same adobe id, it may create a conflict.

Try to re-install your CS6 standalone application from the link:

Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications

And then try to update your software from the below link:

Adobe - Illustrator : For Windows

If that doesn't work either, and you still get the creative cloud open, while try to update your CS6 software, try to get the CS6 product t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Adobe software and product updates  to see if you can do a manual download

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

The manual download is the one that is not working.

And the update from within the application does not work either, because that option starts Adobe Creative Cloud and that app does not give me the possibility to update a CS6 desktop application (I have a mix of software: LR & PS CC and CS6 desktop).

Hope you can be of assistance.

Grtz, Jaap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello JaapK,

As you said you have CC and CS6 application both installed on same machine, if also the both are linked with same adobe id, it may create a conflict.

Try to re-install your CS6 standalone application from the link:

Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications

And then try to update your software from the below link:

Adobe - Illustrator : For Windows

If that doesn't work either, and you still get the creative cloud open, while try to update your CS6 software, try to get the CS6 product transferred to any other adobe account, by contacting Adobe Support.

Regards,

Mukesh Suthar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all,

I did find it a bit curious that the manual download failed with all browsers, maybe my communications stack had become corrupt.

So I performed a restart (yes, should have tried that one first of all...) and the manual download worked like a charm.

I have applied the hotfix and Illustrator now 'says' it is version 16.0.5.

It is still odd that the search for updates from within Illustrator CS6 triggers Adobe Creative Cloud, but I think MukeshSuthar has answered that one correctly: probably the mix of CS and CC installations has made the software go off the normal track (I think they should have seen that one coming, but alas).

So many apologies for bothering you all with my mistake in the first place and thanks very much for trying to provide me with a solution - and succeeding at that too.

Grtz, Jaap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines